Thumped Christmas Do - A Suggestion (2 Viewers)

Anne OMalley

Needs to get out more
Website
www.rollerssparkers.com
Silent night/
Holy night/
Here comes jesus/
Jesus Christ.

Here's an idea for this year's Thumped Dawn-of-Jesus Extravaganza: a pool tournament and a gig rolled into one bumper-crack, massive-gas, total buzz experience.

The venue? The Palace Ballroom on Camden Street.

The bands? Up for discussion. My own feeling is that variety is good. Quality is also useful, if not downright handy. I'm thinking of a kind of Royal Variety Performance, except without the hangover from political feudalism (- sorry Pete.) If we can get magicians and dancers in too, all the better. What about Les Dawson and Charlie Chuck? Are they still alive? Let's get Monkhouse too.

Do they ever have bands in The Palace? I don't know, but they sure as shit have enough space. They also have a PA. Plus the staff are more than pleasant, they're downright nice, and I reckon a large enough gang could block book the gaff for an entire evening.

Hark the herald angels sing/
Glory to the new born king/
Peace on earth and mercy mild/
Who'd a thunk/
He'd be a child?

The Palace Ballroom, as you should know, is Dublin's finest pool hall. It has upwards of 15 very nice, 8x4, American-style tables. It also has a lot of ornate, fairly kitsch, moulded coving-type stuff all over the ceilings, which gives it an atmosphere of David Lynch with a touch of Albert Reynolds. Now I am not a man given to abusing the upper case but get this - The Palace Ballroom has a full bar with WAITRESSES WHO BRING DRINKS TO YOUR TABLE.

"There's only one Jesus Christ!"

So here's the message: It's your Jesus, it's your Christmas. Vote fun, vote The Palace.

Fuck sake Anne!

Don't tell these muppets about the Palace pool hall, they'll all be crawling al over it, getting the cues sticky with their sweaty little paws, spilling their alchopops over the tables. No Anne such a fine establishment is not for the likes of 99% of the goons who'll read this post. It's way too lovely.

Rumpus Snakybus and I saw trad rocking kings of caberet Bog The Donkey in the Palace Ballroom on an ill advised Tuesday night bender a while back. Obviously they were bollox, but the venue looks nice.

They never have gigs in the Palace cause they make too much money as a drinking establishment for the muppet community. But I went to a Trinity Fresher's (or was it Hallowe'en?) ball there about 6 years ago with bands (Death in Vegas and Alabama 3 if I remember correctly), and lamented what a waste of a potentially brilliant live venue it was. So I'd be another Yay vote, hopefully I'll be in the country when it's on.

'nother yay here. the palace rocks.

you can all see how appallingly, spectacularly, mindmeltingly bad at pool i am.

If the Palace falls apart as a venue I would publicly endorse the Hub, I was in it last night and bar a slightly bizzare stage positioning it's pretty great and has good sounds. Also I understand they're mad to get people in the door, so if you could garuntee a decent crowd they'd probably cut you a good deal.

pool?

poo-ell?

ah jaysis
I'm only going if there will be free facials, a nail bar and a MAC concession also provided.

this is such a goer

but can it be befpore Nov. 16th when I leave this old sod?

:(

jingle bells
jingle bells
jingle all the way
oh what fun
he's, like, made of god
with out the need for cum

i love the christmas

i was inspecting the christmas tat in What? a couple of weeks ago...

deadly.

selection boxes rule

Pantone247 said:
Rumpus Snakybus and I saw trad rocking kings of caberet Bog The Donkey in the Palace Ballroom on an ill advised Tuesday night bender a while back.
lolo said:
They never have gigs in the Palace cause they make too much money as a drinking establishment for the muppet community.

Someone needs to explain this right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back