• Replies 77
  • Views 6K
  • Watchers 11
NAME THAT CORPORATE EMO BAND!

tbspromo.jpg

7836-11262003-10822.jpg

12.jpg

5.jpg;pv76d08c6888f4a6eb

well i didnt know that about thursday i'm not a big sellout watching sky digital, ya know!!!, anyway just cause he's a bit dim sounding when he's talking..all americans are...they can't help it.

only heard one of their songs weeler, must get some more

all this new wave emo is a bit daft if ya ask me. bands like thurs and funeral for a friend and thrice....they kinda blur the lines as far as the whole corporate thing....as in they apear in stupid magazines, and on tv (any of em ever be on mtv?).
another thing i dont like about them is their fuckin lyrics. they're so cheesy....
i'd walk through fire for yo uand the likes.
what ever happened to the good ol days wen emo lyrics wer a bit more vague and you could relate personaly to them. nowadays they read like a script for a love scene to a disney movie or something.
anyone agree?

ok this just seems to be the whole giving out about a band just because they make it thing again.
have any of ye heard thrice's "Illusion of safety" or "identity crisis" what about thursdays "full collapse" or even "waiting" when they were on a real small indie label? all these albums are class, particularly illusion of safety and full collapse and neither bands were getting coverage at the time, would it have been cool to like them back then so? (like me...you know, i was cool then) funeral for a friends "between model and order" has been out ages and is class. (they are the most polished of the three bands granted)

Do you know who are shit... sick of it all, i saw kerrang covering them a few times and metal hammer too. converge are crap, they have videos on mtv2, sell outs. ....and so whiny, all he does on Jane Doe is go on about the break up of a marriage....... think ive made my point
and the title of thursdays album "War all the time" isnt a shit attempt at being profound and emo, its the title of a Charles Bukowski poem.
thats my fitty cent

the whole image sell out thing doesnt annoy me half as much as the horrible lyrics.
its like its got no emotion cuz they're so fake.
there just so cliched.....knnow what im trying to say. emo should be more personal and not so vague and predictable....i think anyway

i dont find their lyrics that terrible.. At least not thursday and From autumn to ashes..
Maybe Thrice, especially that "send me an angel" song.. Brand New mostly Suck..
F4aF make up for in technical guitars what they lack in lyrics.. Dashboard Confessional lyrics are too cheesey at times, but it's usually a good thing.. SBB lyrics are no Taking back sunday lyrics!

I could go on all day.. Newborn are better than everyone though!

to be honest i havent heard newborn or from autum...
but thrice just annoy me. the guitars and all instraments for that matter are real good in thurs and funeral but too similar to be anything ground breaking.
make us a tape of things you'd think i might like and ill do the same. then we can have a shag

how about i make you a cdr.. It's much lazier.
I couldn't shag you - you're way too pretty.

weeler are you on about the Newborn band from Hungary? You know they broke up? weird feeling of deja vu, have we talked bout this before? they were amazing though.

got from autumn to ashes' too bad you're beauitful album last year and to be honest was pretty disappointed. so over hyped in my opinion. the drummer has the worst voice ever.

Thrice's lyrics may have been shit on some songs on 'identity crisis' but i found the lyrics on 'the illusion of safety' were pretty good.

mc moley - emo should be more personal and not so vague and predictable
how can somethin be vague and predictable??

can something be vaguely predictable?
How about predictably vague..

I say - Maybe!

i mean they dont realy sing about proper things it seems .....its like they're just kinda saying im in love my heart is gonnabreak id rip it out for you blah blha....its vague as its not very particular and you cant relate all that well.
and it predictable cuz it just it.

What about the lyrics for that Newborn song - "If I could turn back the cogs of existance it'd be you and me on a lonely field with nothing but ourselves existing"

That's cheese to the top!

Probably somethin lost in the translation... what he really meant was "Im a big f8ckin hardcore bastard me." Newborn are great... wish I could get more of their stuff though- have the catharsis split and the seven inch but thats it...
From Autumn to Ashes are pretty cool aswell- nice and chunky technical guitary bits with shouty shouty lyrics. Though they do use the line "you break my heart into a thousand pieces and you say it's because I deserve better..." !cheezy
I tells ya though, a good band to check out are Alexisonfire, really good but a bit cocky (web adress being www.theonlybandever.com )

thanx for describing those bands we were all talking about to us, you nut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back