thread to talk about nice stuff thats happened this week (3 Viewers)

Prague rules, have a great time RSJ!

I managed to make it down Grafton St in the rain without being assaulted by some short persons umbrella or slipping on those stupid white tiles. I call that a victory on a wet afternoon! :D

- just got back from 4 days in berlin and i've fallen embarrassingly in love with it. bonus Nice Stuff: getting excited trying to figure out how i'll learn german in a hurry.

- i've had a horrible cold for ages but have the rest of the week off to sleep myself better and sort through hundreds of photos.

- chilli tofu for dinner!

- finally found the perfect pair of tights after a six-month experiment in buying every brand i could find.

I'll only tell if Carbide tells me what brand of tights. Fairs fair mate. Full circle and all that.

Drums and Wires. How do you rate it? I haven't put it on yet. Been meaning to get into em for a while.

Do share.... I bought a load of tights today too. And an XTC album. And made fabblis dinner. It's been an alright day.
I'll only tell if Carbide tells me what brand of tights. Fairs fair mate. Full circle and all that.

heh! these from american apparel. they're really long and stretchy, the waist is high enough not to keep rolling down, the colours are awesome and they seem like they might last a little while without ripping. i hope so, anyway - i got one pair in an online order and was so impressed that i bought a couple more in berlin. and the brand's evils are lesser than those of wherever else i was buying tights, which is a little depressing, but anyway.

they're not the most convenient to buy and they are pricey, but i was getting about one wear out of each penneys pair so it may end up working out cheaper...

topshop's ones came highly recommended, but were too short for me (long legs + bike = that lovely crotch-ripping sound).

Ah Berlin is magic. Did you happen upon the wine bar where you dont pay for your booze, but instead, as you're leaving, you simply pay what you feel is appropriate? Anonymously, into a jar, like.

God.

sadly, no. i have it written down for next time, though - the coughing-up-your-lungs plague made me miss out on the night time action. a return trip isn't the worst thing i could imagine, though. ;)

Drums and Wires. How do you rate it? I haven't put it on yet. Been meaning to get into em for a while.

Third album, big step up from the first two.
Pretty deadly actually. Life Begins At The Top, Making Plans For Nigel, Ten Feet Tall etc - all catchy tunes.

I'd say you'll like it lots.

the waist is high enough not to keep rolling down, the colours are awesome and they seem like they might last a little while without ripping. the brand's evils

i was getting about one wear out of each penneys pair so it may end up working out cheaper..

legs + bike = that lovely crotch-ripping sound.

All these issues.... it's like you're speaking to my very soul. Thanks for the heads/legs up.

Nigglebath- awesome. It's on now and I look forward to making friends with it.

Bis, this Bis?
bis-9732.jpg

Are they still on the go? My sister was obsessed with them for years but she thought they sold out when they stopped writing songs about dumb stuff.

I eat hot coal, eh?

they broke up a few years ago but have reformed to play a few gigs cos its 10 yrs since they released new transistor heroes..are pretty much one of my all time favourite bands although even i can concede they got kinda shit towards the end..nonetheless i am so excited..got tickets to the gig from the boy for christmas...best present ever...

are Bis gonna play here again?

they played a couple of deadly gigs in 1996. In Charlies with Bikini Kill and Team Dresch and later on that year in TMBC with SFA, Space and someone else I can't remember.

I bought everything of theirs up to Music For A Stranger World (2000) and/or some FukdID 12" called Brainclouds. Was the stuff afterwards any good?

are Bis gonna play here again?

they played a couple of deadly gigs in 1996. In Charlies with Bikini Kill and Team Dresch and later on that year in TMBC with SFA, Space and someone else I can't remember.

I bought everything of theirs up to Music For A Stranger World (2000) and/or some FukdID 12" called Brainclouds. Was the stuff afterwards any good?

I remember that gig with space and sfa, alas I was too young to be allowed go.

they are playing in london glasgow and manchester..the london one is on the 7th april glasgow the night before and am not sure when the manchester one is..

i hated return to central but loved everything before that..have to say its their early stuff that really gets me though..i remember going to see them supporting rocket from the crypt in the mean fiddler..i wouldnt be surprised if they got back together..but even if not it'll be deadly to see them again even though the dudes are all fat and balding now..i'm so gonna party like its 1996..

this week i:

- won a prize for the second month in a row
- got some long awaited good news, to much relief
- sorted out the new server
- avoided some very serious hassle in work involving a lot of money
- saw my parents for the first time this year

so far, so good

now i'm going to make a cup of tea.

tights - it's gotta be M&S. 60 denier lasting goodness. I get a winter out of 4 pairs usually. and you know only english people were paid substandard wages to make them, so that's ok.

tights - it's gotta be M&S. 60 denier lasting goodness. I get a winter out of 4 pairs usually. and you know only english people were paid substandard wages to make them, so that's ok.

Black tights-wise, Penney's have 60 denier ones on the go of late. They're not the snuggliest knit to touch but they're pretty dang functional, and the sizes are such that they actually go to the top of your leg (is there anything that makes you look more like a sow than having to hoosh up yer tights when you hope no one's looking?) And they're heavy enough that they don't give you the lovely opaque knees. Grand if you're stuck, if you're in a rush, and if MandS is a bridge too far. Barely cost anything too, of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back