thread to talk about nice stuff thats happened this week (1 Viewer)

are Bis gonna play here again?

they played a couple of deadly gigs in 1996. In Charlies with Bikini Kill and Team Dresch and later on that year in TMBC with SFA, Space and someone else I can't remember.

I bought everything of theirs up to Music For A Stranger World (2000) and/or some FukdID 12" called Brainclouds. Was the stuff afterwards any good?

do you have their cover of Love will tear us apart? thats very good

I am off work with the lurgy, but on the flipside, I am defrosting some yum homemade soup for my lunch.

I may watch some DVD's from the warmth of my bed shortly.

As the congregation of St. Katherine’s Church sings a hymn, the young knight Walther von Stolzing tries to catch the eye of Eva Pogner. Once the parishioners have filed out, Eva informs her admirer that she is to be betrothed the next day to the winner of a song contest sponsored by the local guild of Mastersingers. Eva’s companion, Magdalene, tells her own sweetheart, David, apprentice to the cobbler and Mastersinger Hans Sachs, to explain the rules of song composing to Walther (“Mein Herr”), who is surprised by the complicated ins and outs of Mastersinging. During David’s explanation of the rules, his fellow apprentices set up for a preliminary trial singing. When the Masters arrive, Eva’s father, Pogner, greets Walther, who expresses his desire to become a Mastersinger. Beckmesser, the town clerk and a spiteful, jealous pedant who also seeks Eva’s hand, overhears their conversation and immediately becomes suspicious of the young knight.
As proof that tradesmen value art, Pogner offers his daughter’s hand as the prize for the next day’s contest (“Das schöne Fest”). When Sachs suggests that Eva—and the people—should have some say in the matter, Pogner announces that she can reject the winner but must marry a Mastersinger or can marry no one.
Walther introduces himself (“Am stillen Herd”) and describes his natural, self-taught methods of musical composition. Going on to his trial song (“Fanget an!”), Walther sings an impulsive, free-form tune, breaking many of the Masters’ rules. Beckmesser vigorously keeps a count of his errors. The young knight stalks out when he is rejected by the Masters, leaving Sachs to reflect on the distinctive appeal of Walther’s melody.

It's six hours long.

It's six hours long.

scientist.jpg

punishing

i finally got a sound night sleep, culminating in one of those wispy half-awake dreams you get just before you get up, which left an indelible happy face on my eternal soul.

it was on a compilation i think..ill have a root around and see if i can find the mp3.i cant remember if its on my mp3 player..if not its on soulseek i think:)

Matthew finally learned to forward crawl and has now started to make a beeline for records and CDs on the bottom shelves. Repeated 'no's are meeting with mixed results.

Time to move all low lying objects of worth it seems, you can't expect him not to be curious by those big round things his daddy is always at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back