Those bastads at MCD..... (1 Viewer)

Mercury Rev...
How snoresome that will be, and no doubt they'll come back the requisite 34 times to plug their newest opus....

kirstie (13 Aug, 2001 10:13 a.m.):
Mercury Rev...
How snoresome that will be, and no doubt they'll come back the requisite 34 times to plug their newest opus....

Aw, but you gotta love the Rev. No, okay, maybe you don't. But I, being the sad indie kid I am, will probably go all 34 times (probably won't pay to see them though).

kirstie (13 Aug, 2001 10:13 a.m.):
Mercury Rev...

I hope they come play every week, for months and months outside your door at full volume in the middle of the night when you have to be up for work in the morning.

I'm quite lookin' forward to the rev's return.

Oh, they really got up my nose on the several billion date Deserters Songs tour when they played the exact same set, boringly, on the 34 occasions they came to trot it out on. I think I gave away my RedCocks ticket for them cos I just didn't think there'd be any point in going yet again to hear them do Cortez The Killer.

Bring back David Baker.

For what they did to Carwash Hair on that endless tour they deserve a good bludgeoning.

I saw them at the Red Box and thought they were brutal, I hadn't heard much of Deserters Songs and wasn't impressed at all.

Then I went to see them in the olympia with freebies, and they blew me away, like a totally different groop, and were fab despite they're being only about 10 people at the gig.

eh......thus proving me right and all you wrong.
Apologies to the usual address.

eh.... they definitely varied the set between those two gigs.

My secret underground sources (i.e. Ticket master) tell me that Mogawai tix will be IR£16.50, which is not £4 more than the last time they played here (in the Red Box), is it?
I think it's the same.

But I'm open to correction.

(mmm, correct me...)

red box: #14.50.

olympia: shit seat:#16.50. good seat: #18.50.

#18.50
- #14.50

# 4.00

Once again HP succinctly sums this discussion up.

Superb.

I'm sure he'd write more, but he recently discovered a pair of old jocks belonging to the most glamorous footballer pre-Best, Dead-Shot Keen.

So he's been too busy riding everything and everyone when Billy 'HP' Dane puts on Billy's Jocks.

I was talking to a co"worker" the other day about what concerts we've walked out of. I couldn't think of any but then someone brings up Mercury Rev in the Olympia.

Must be one of the worst "shows" I ever seen. And I liked MR!

Aargh...why must I be tormented so? First they cancel the Acid Mothers Temple tour, now they give us the Boring and the Shite instead. Boo hiss.

Be careful with your use of "they".

The "they" who decided not to go ahead with AMT in Ireland are not the same "they" who give us "the Boring and the Shite".

The AMT Ireland tour has been called off because of time and financial constraints. They won't be around very long this time so they're concentrating on the UK. They might have time for a one-off in Dublin, but they don't think it would be worth their while financially. Maybe they fear that all their merchandise will get nicked again, eh?

If anyone wants to put up the cash for flights to Dublin from the UK and can give them a fair guaranteed fee and accommodation they just might do it.

I'm looking at you, Joss boy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back