Things that irrationally freak you out (3 Viewers)

I spent much of childhood petrified of seaweed. I just thought it would grab me and take me into the sea.

When men refer to the toilet as the "loo",

....Shudder
pretty creepy when men call it 'the little boys room',
also have a fear of going to gigs on my own, fine with the cimena or resturant just cant do gigs, convinced i'll die or get hurt if i do.

submarines

i was on a small trawler for a short while, and the lads didn't give a shit about the weather, the seas, the cold, falling overboard, getting stung or bitten.
They had all these cheesy lines or little jokes about all of them.
No point worrying about the weather, its not worrying about you.
And so on.

But submarines uniformly scared the stuffing out of them.
They all seem to have seen them. They all know boats pulled down by them.
There's no submarine jokes. Deadly serious all of a sudden.
Its surreal.

It was very hard for me to do this but this thing from that Beowulf movie makes me shiver all over, feel the fear and nearly actually vomit when i look at it. i think its the scales...

MCDBEOW_EC023_H.JPG

arrggh! I get this too!

I've never seen the film but that pic gives me a weird itchy cringy sort of reaction.

In the past I've also gotten it from these (although I can't find a pic causes it as well as yours):

Pod%20073.JPG

YstradfellteFull.jpg

stone walls freak you out?
Not the wall per se. I can't quite put my finger on it exactly. It's more to do with tightly packed or clumped things with edges - or something. It's very werid. That photo doesn't exactly do it, the little pods do and in particular the image posted by yurn. The scales on his forehead and the bubbles on his left cheekbone. If the bubbles had little loose 'eggs' knocking around inside them under the skin I would flip out and have to scrub my skin to the bone with a nailbrush after looking at it.

oh I know, Ryvita freaks me out, but only if I think about it in comparison to those Dulux booklets that show paint colours. The difference in textures disturbs me no end

If the bubbles had little loose 'eggs' knocking around inside them under the skin I would flip out and have to scrub my skin to the bone with a nailbrush after looking at it.
yea i get that too, also the ides of cockroaches eggs makes my palms itchey.

Not the wall per se. I can't quite put my finger on it exactly. It's more to do with tightly packed or clumped things with edges - or something. It's very werid.

ooohh.
I think I know exactly what you mean.
I used to get it more when I was young, but every now and again I will get that.
Well, not precisely the same for me, its to do with lines being very thin, or wire being really thin, and then it seems to spiral off into thinness in my imagination, and I get a funny feeling in my teeth and generally feel panicky.
And there's a thing when objects are too roundy and thick. And then they get even more rounded and grotesque in my mind

I would never have thought to try and explain that with images. And, I would find it hard to know which image was really bad unless I was feeling that way.

I actually thought this was something to do with me being borderline mentaller. It would often happen as I drifted off to sleep.
bxp66045.jpg

freank me out when people use that old nail in wood thing for receipts, i always think im gonna fall and it'll go through my eye. also the underside of pottery or something thats been varnished, when its not glazed it makes a horrid noise if your nails scrape it. uggggggggggg
and school jumpers, the squeak they make if it rubs off itself or your teeth.

freank me out when people use that old nail in wood thing for receipts, i always think im gonna fall and it'll go through my eye. also the underside of pottery or something thats been varnished, when its not glazed it makes a horrid noise if your nails scrape it. uggggggggggg
and school jumpers, the squeak they make if it rubs off itself or your teeth.

AAAAAAAGHGHGH

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back