The Zombie Apocalypse (3 Viewers)

nice to see some real talk on a real issue. Me, I've been planning on breaking into the mint beside my house. It has a few good points, like high walls, security towers, possible armoured cars in the grounds. Forget about the money, it aint gonna mean shit when the banks all crumble. There's a few shops nearby where we could at least get some initial supplies together but then I'm left with a problem, how do we actually get in without being shot? We'd have to make some kind of banner explaining that we're humans and just hope that the snipers don't take us out coz they think we're after the money. Any tips or suggestions?

Try befrien someone on the inside, or get a job there yourself, before the Zombie apocolypse, that way "when the time comes" you'll have someone not shooting at you, as you try to get in.

easier said than done unfortunately but certainly worth trying, thanks. I'd need to make sure I befriend someone in security though. Forgot to mention, it has ample room for a helicoptor to land too. An essential requirement!

no but someone may be able to rescue you by helicopter. it's all about options fifi, options :)

nice to see some real talk on a real issue. Me, I've been planning on breaking into the mint beside my house. It has a few good points, like high walls, security towers, possible armoured cars in the grounds. Forget about the money, it aint gonna mean shit when the banks all crumble. There's a few shops nearby where we could at least get some initial supplies together but then I'm left with a problem, how do we actually get in without being shot? We'd have to make some kind of banner explaining that we're humans and just hope that the snipers don't take us out coz they think we're after the money. Any tips or suggestions?

the mint is a very good option,i considered it myself for the reasons you mentioned plus the fact its right by the m50 meaning easy access to other parts of town should you feel the need.but the getting in without getting riddled put me off the idea...

no but someone may be able to rescue you by helicopter. it's all about options fifi, options :)
Of course, I know two helicopter pilots and a dude in the RAF (But he may not be speaking to me any more ...).

I'll have to ensure all of those er, "options", are on side.

in terms of hideaways, a well fortified gaff with multiple tunnels that bring you about half a clic outside the place is the order of the day. you need to be able to escape easily to get supplies/petrol move to another location. or how about a big trench all the way around your hideaway? zombies would just waltz into it and then you can piss all over them.

what's the traffic situation like? most apocalypse/zombie moves show long shots of empty boulevards, to give the impression of desolation, but the reality is were a virus outbreak/zombie attack to happen in Dublin during the sunlight hours, and people were attacked in their cars, or abandoned them, the streets would be chock full of cars. moving from place to place via vehicle may prove difficult, within the city at least. best get a bike.

what kind of armed response can we expect from our army, anyone have any ideas?

of course, it would be best to get out of the city. proximity to supermarkets and tool shops may seem alright, but in a major urban area we're obviously going to have more zombies. and more survivors, who we probably aren't going to trust, if this thread is anything to go by.

so, zombie apocalypse hits, get out of the city, get to a less populated area, and avoid knackers at all costs. after we set up camp somewhere remote (an isalnd would be ideal) we can make raids to the urban centres to supplies, and start growing our own.

The pain of being dead > The will to survive
Smell of living brains > The ability to run or hide

Personally I would want some kind of long handled weapon

One of these maybe:
objimage.jpg

Or a sythe, a sythe could be good too, although I'd want one with the blade paralell to the handle rather than perpendicular. Who wants to draw a zombie closer?

f.f.v's wicklow mountains idea is a pretty good one, if selfish. The Zombies won't leave urban centres until they have to because they've run out of brains to eat... and in the meantime their numbers should have reduced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back