The WTF Thread (8 Viewers)

it'd be gas to drop this into 'black twitter' and watch the shitstorm

cork-fans-3-630x421.jpg

but i don't actually wish international opprobrium on ould cork

I think the next Cork game where the flag is used could well raise a few comments.

It was flown in Thurles 2 weeks ago and there was absolutely no comment on it, what has changed?
the south carolina shooting and subsequent demonstrations against flying the confederate flag there

Banning the flag will mean no more racist killings. So that's good.
You use the confederate flag right? Is there some sort of rockabilly connection with it?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You use the confederate flag right? Is there some sort of rockabilly connection with it?

Yeah, there's a long tradition of rockabilly acts using the flag. Call it wilful disassociation or ignorance but no one would ever claim it as a racist statement. I think it stems from the rockabilly revival in England and Europe in the 80s. Every now and again the debate flares up about its use and its significance but most people just think it symbolises the music from the southern states. Southern Rock bands like Lynrd Skynrd and The Georgia Sattelites also used it. With the current hysteria I'd say it'll disappear now.

Amazon and others stores are banning their sale. We're going to start flying Japanese flags at our shindigs from now on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back