The WTF Thread (2 Viewers)

Y'know the way that gun sales spike after mass shootings over there, because they're coming to take our guns. I hope this is like that, except this time they actually do come for their fucking flags.

When did Cork GAA fans stop waving those things BTW?

"You'd often see Palestinian flags on hill 16 and the good people at Hamas are every bit as racist in 2015 as the confederacy were in the 19th century."

on that thread they're talking about the japanese flag, the canadian flag, the albanian flag

confirmed by different posters that it's just because they're red

they are literally idiots

Yeah, anything red and white will do.

Speaking of the confederate flag, I look forward to the redux version of the Dukes of hazard where they rename the car as the General Nice and replace the stars and bars with a picture of a vagina.

Bah

Librals

Well I assumed that the link between the confederate flag and Cork was a rebel county/rebel confederacy thing.

Confederacy of Langers,

on that thread they're talking about the japanese flag, the canadian flag, the albanian flag

confirmed by different posters that it's just because they're red

they are literally idiots

It's kinda both. They'll wave anything red.
The Confederate flag has extra resonance though because it is a rebel (Rebels!) flag.

I have lived among them. I know their ways.

Yeah, anything red and white will do.

Speaking of the confederate flag, I look forward to the redux version of the Dukes of hazard where they rename the car as the General Nice and replace the stars and bars with a picture of a vagina.

Bah

Librals

It won't be a 69 Dodge Charger any more either, it'll be a trans-am and Bo will identify as gender fluid but be female assigned. And as a right-on idiot from the internet I'm all for it.

a bit of an explanation

Why flags from other countries?

It's a throw back from the late 70's / 80's when Cork had a singing / chanting / some might say semi hooligan element that congregated on the City end.

Many of these lads I remember as been Hibs / Celtic boot boys and Cork GAA filled a void when they went bust.

When they weren't chanting 'tax the farmers' / 'south side don't bother us' / 'oh Jimmy, Jim, Jim, Jim Jimmy' etc and throwing coins / bottles etc at Eoin Liston and Joe McKenna, they waved Cuban, Texas, Stars and Stripes & confederate flags and Japan flags. The thing was it was sometimes easier/cheaper to get hold of these flags than go into roches stores and buy red and white 'material' and make your own. The common denominator is they all had red in them - I think people were clueless of any political statement. There was even a huge Bedford British Leyland flag doing the rounds too - red & white of course.

ah, roches stores

although why the fuck it was easier to get a japanese or cuban flag than a cork flag, in cork, in the 70s i don't know

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back