The WTF Thread (1 Viewer)

'It is not the first time the princess has been accused of racism. In 2004, she reportedly instructed African American customers in a New York restaurant to “go back to the colonies” in an argument about noise.

The princess, whose father was an SS officer, denied the incident a few months later in an interview with ITV, saying: “I even pretended years ago to be an African, a half-caste African, but because of my light eyes I did not get away with it, but I dyed my hair black.

“I had this adventure with these absolutely adorable, special people and to call me racist: it’s a knife through the heart because I really love these people.”'

Princess Michael of Kent apologises for 'racist jewellery' worn at lunch with Meghan Markle

I thought they did have Mars bars but they were more like our Milky Ways than our Mars bars?
I think that's it

image-1276091.jpg

I could have sworn they had them when I was last over there (2008?).
not according to this

Mars (chocolate bar) - Wikipedia

but now that you mention it I think I recall seeing that white wrapper version over there in the late 90s. The wikipedia page suggests they discontinued it in 2002. Maybe the ones you saw were just really gone off, or a shop stocking the brit ones.

It's Time to End the War on Salt

Intersalt, a large study published in 1988, compared sodium intake with blood pressure in subjects from 52 international research centers and found no relationship between sodium intake and the prevalence of hypertension. In fact, the population that ate the most salt, about 14 grams a day, had a lower median blood pressure than the population that ate the least, about 7.2 grams a day. In 2004 the Cochrane Collaboration, an international, independent, not-for-profit health care research organization funded in part by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, published a review of 11 salt-reduction trials. Over the long-term, low-salt diets, compared to normal diets, decreased systolic blood pressure (the top number in the blood pressure ratio) in healthy people by 1.1 millimeters of mercury (mmHg) and diastolic blood pressure (the bottom number) by 0.6 mmHg. That is like going from 120/80 to 119/79. The review concluded that "intensive interventions, unsuited to primary care or population prevention programs, provide only minimal reductions in blood pressure during long-term trials." A 2003 Cochrane review of 57 shorter-term trials similarly concluded that "there is little evidence for long-term benefit from reducing salt intake."

and here's me pussyfooting around the salt for years...i LOVE salt

useless health advisory bastards

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back