The WTF Thread (2 Viewers)

How come he gets named but she gets to remain anonymous?

Also..
tumblr_mcg22aX1k61ri7a84o1_500.png

Good question.... I guess the stigma around being a victim of sexual assault prevents release of names before a verdict, not sure why he's named though and she's not, particularly after the innocent verdict. Better consult the law books.
He wasn't named so much as went to the papers and This Morning, yelling about this bizarre case.
We have to guarantee sexual assault victims anonymity, even in cases where there is no conviction. People shouldn't be afraid of coming forward.

Let this be a lesson to you though. This is where shoving past people gets you. In the Daily Mail, being called 51 for everyone to see.

But was she actually assaulted?
The judge seems to think not.
Come to think of it, I don't even know if we do guarantee anonymity, I thought that was only for minors. Maybe because she's famous and she has one of those Ryan Giggs yokes?

The story says this
It goes without saying that the actress will remain anonymous. The law doesn’t afford the same privilege to Mr Pearson, who has undergone cognitive therapy for anxiety attacks brought on by the stress.
Why does it go without saying?
It's the Mail though.
This seems to be as much about smoking out a celeb to have a bit of a bash on as much as anything.

Wouldn't this guy have been named anyway, regardless of his going to the press? I'm thinking of Michael Le Vell of Coronation Street, he was all over the papers pre-trial, he is obviously famous but the fact he was named suggests anonymity is not granted to the accused.
If one party is to be afforded anonymity then surely the other should get the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back