The World Cup (1 Viewer)

Watching Brazil play is just brutal. They bear no resemblance to their tradition of quick-touch football. It's just a shower of untalented gits with an outdated caveman of a manager.
But having said that, and as a brazilian myself, i'll take an unwatchable, disgusting and undeserved win anyday over playing beautiful and skilled footie and lose at the end. But that's me. I could never cheer against my own country. But i can't really blame anybody for doing the opposite.

But having said that, and as a brazilian myself, i'll take an unwatchable, disgusting and undeserved win anyday over playing beautiful and skilled footie and lose at the end. But that's me. I could never cheer against my own country. But i can't really blame anybody for doing the opposite.

Give it a couple of years. We said the same thing about Trappitoni, but after a couple of years it was a case of "fuck this."

There's been times when they weren't great, but Scolari is a fucking negative bastard and that's why they are so much worse now. Also, some of the players he picks are shit - he insists on sticking with Fred over Willian, for instance.

Scolari won't stick after this. The whole of the brazilian sports media and pundits are against him. Even back home people are unhappy with his players and tactics. Even his 2002 champion team was pretty negative, but that was kinda overlooked because we had Ronaldo and Rivaldo.
He makes Tony Pulis look like Zagallo.

And now that the Tiny Dancer is out of the world cup and most brazilians are resigned to the fact that we will be hammered on the semis, Scolari could be a less stubborn troglodyte and change from 4-4-3 to 4-4-2. Useless Fred out and Hernanes in as the link-up midfielder. He was serviceable in Lazio on the same function.
Well, too little too late anyways...

This game makes the Battle of Santiago look like a classic
Reminded me of this, and look there's big Phil on the sidelines
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That second half there from Brazil has to be the worst half of football from any team in this World Cup.
They played like Ireland.
Have Brazil not been like this for years now?
No one knows really. They haven't had to play anyone since the copa america 2011 when they were fucking woeful in that.

Watching Brazil play is just brutal. They bear no resemblance to their tradition of quick-touch football. It's just a shower of untalented gits with an outdated caveman of a manager.

Only Neymar and Marcello would get into even an average Brazil side. Neymar because he's got great feet and is direct. Marcello because he has great feet is direct and couldn't give two fucks about defending.

Let's not get lost in hyperbole though, there have been bad Brazil sides. This is the worst since 1990. I remember my auld fella going wait til you see Brazil when i was 9 and started really watching football. They were rubbish. 4 years later there were critics who pilloried them because they had Dunga in midfield, they said that he was an anathema to their traditions. If the same critics could see Fernandinho, Ramires, Paulinho and Gustavo they'd be throwing handfuls of shit at them.

BryuS2aCcAEQOzX.jpg

Witsel seems to be picking up Messi now. Good decision there.

It's taken me ages but I finally know what Mascherano reminds me of. He moves like an auld fella who was a good player in his day but now has a beer belly to contend with when he tries to change direction. Good feet but just not athletic.

Di Maria off, Perez has good feet and a huge engine. He plays it a bit more simple though which might suit them in the long run. Lavezzi to play more central ?

Edit. If Fellani get's within 10 yards of Messi a few more times he's getting a red card. I'd say you'd get 11/2 on it right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back