The World Cup (2 Viewers)

My predictions for the quarters were for Germany - France to go to penalties, Brazil to win due to a cheating ref, Argies to win cause Messi is the best, and Holland to win after a penalty from a dive.

Pretty close really.

And yeah, Argies will definitely win it all! Unless Der Fuhrer can stop them in the final, but it ain't gonna happen, Messi will get revenge for Maradona

Ray must have heard himself. "What's that endless whining sound? Ach! It's me! Dreadful."

I was talking to a guy yesterday that used to love football but isn't bothered with it at all any more because of the amount of diving and rolling about that goes on. I can see where he's coming from.

Is it worse though? If anything, the Latin Americans used to throw themselves to the floor a lot more in the past.

Ray must have heard himself. "What's that endless whining sound? Ach! It's me! Dreadful."
Should be at least hitting the target from there, George..

Does Jim Beglin still do co-commentary on RTE? Used to think he was decent enough.. CBC here have actually had fantastic World Cup coverage in that they show every game, full repeats later in the evening and highlights free to air but we get the generic-sounding British lads commentating whose voices I think I recognize from Eurosport back in the day.

Should be at least hitting the target from there, George..

Does Jim Beglin still do co-commentary on RTE? Used to think he was decent enough.. CBC here have actually had fantastic World Cup coverage in that they show every game, full repeats later in the evening and highlights free to air but we get the generic-sounding British lads commentating whose voices I think I recognize from Eurosport back in the day.

Beglin is doing the games from RTE, but pretending he's in Brazil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back