The World Cup (1 Viewer)

I was really hoping it would be France vs Algeria, would have been fucking amazing.

What Washingcattle said above, Brazil, Holland, Germany have all been bollocks basically, but keep winning. France at least look to play a bit of decent football, don't mind them so much. The last 8 are looking dour, fingers crossed for Argentina turning it on now and Messi beating everybody, that could redeem things.

Retrospective ban for Blaise Matuidi and that appalling foul that broke Onazi's ankle? I'd say Onazi would take a bit on the back any day of the week. (Not defending Suarez, just wondering.)

Fucking right to this. Suarez gets a huge ban for what was basically fuck all, meanwhile there are tackles like this going in, and cunts like Robben diving and cheating every time the ball goes near them, and nothing gets done.
I'll tell ya what this World Cup should be remembered for - the amount of fucking cheating and rolling about on the ground being done every time someone gets touched. Fucking Neymar, Robben, Marcelo, all them sort of cunts, are actually slowing everything down with their cheating.
And the worst thing is, of course, as usual it is costing the teams that aren't cheating. Robben basically beats Mexico with a dive, and Mexico one of the only teams that don't cheat their way around the pitch. Fucking France beat Nigeria, when Nigeria should have had 2 penalties except that they DIDN'T fall to the ground and start rolling about.
This is the World Cup where the more honest teams get punished for not fucking cheating.

Argentina Switzerland has been a bit unstoppable force meets immovable object so far but it's starting to look like a matter of time til the Argies nick one.. Was fairly impressed by Switerland in the first half, they're not the dour team they used to be, but they just can't get on the ball in this half. Hoping for a good open game in the later fixture, Kilinsmann better not renege on his attacking philosophy.

More excitement in the last 5 mins of this than the preceding 2 hours.. Argentina really had to work for it, I wonder how much energy that'll take out of them.

More excitement in the last 5 mins of this than the preceding 2 hours.. Argentina really had to work for it, I wonder how much energy that'll take out of them.

Great stuff. Messi is something else.
The poor Swiss lad hitting the post and then missing the sitter. Even though the sitter wasn't as easy as it might have seemed.

Great stuff. Messi is something else.
The poor Swiss lad hitting the post and then missing the sitter. Even though the sitter wasn't as easy as it might have seemed.
It seemed to just rebound back off his standing leg as he was tumbling forward, don't think he had any opportunity to control it. Poor bastard though, that kind of thing'll haunt you.

Belgium have missed a horrendous number of chances, they might start to feel like it'll never happen for them.

Wondowlowski gets right under a sitter from 6 yards out, jaysus.. I think he had enough time to take that down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back