The Wire - s05e10 - Finale - Spoilers (1 Viewer)

Marlo never became a legitimate business man. He was going down the exact same route as Bell (being introduced to all the "right" people by Levy) but decided to just walk out of the party and never look back.

True enough, but what I mean is that he has the option to do well in business,that world is at his feet, but he doesn't want it, he wants the opposite.

CAn't wait for the Freeman P.I spin off series thats coming out next year. I heard McNulty will be making a few guest appearances aswell.

Ervin Burrell plays Eddie Murphy's landlord in 'Coming to America'

he's in C.H.U.D. as well!

CHUD.jpg

what a movie

i honestly can't remember...i haven't seen chud in years
i was watching coming to america t'other night and looked
him up. he's in money pit and cat people as well...cat
people is a terrible film. saw that a few weeks ago. what
a terrible film.

Finally got around to finishing watching s5 last night. Yeah, the last 2 episodes picked up a lot and the ending was great but ... overall I thought this series was the weakest. I really didn't buy into the whole McNulty/Serial Killer thing ... especially Lester getting on board with it.

But anyway, gutted it's all over .. what the hell am I going to watch now?

I thought series 5 was the weakest too.. the fake serial killer thing was just too whacky (though the bit where McNulty listens to a character profile of the 'killer' in the FBI office is gold) and there weren't really enough episodes for them to develop the newspaper office characters much, not that this was really the fault of the makers of the programme. The penultimate episode is fantastic though, real emotional gut punch that pays off on all the storylines with the kids that they started off back in Series 4.

I thought series 5 was the weakest too.. the fake serial killer thing was just too whacky (though the bit where McNulty listens to a character profile of the 'killer' in the FBI office is gold) and there weren't really enough episodes for them to develop the newspaper office characters much, not that this was really the fault of the makers of the programme. The penultimate episode is fantastic though, real emotional gut punch that pays off on all the storylines with the kids that they started off back in Series 4.

Started off in series one you mean!!

Seriously, in the first episode of series one theres a line for every subsequent series.

5 seasons in 5 minutes!

(SERIOUS spoilers... if you haven't seen all 5 seasons DO NOT watch!)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It's all worth it to hear 'rank is proper' rhymed with 'Frank Sobotka'.

marlo: he sells the connect..but seems reluctant to go levy's business. What he gonna do?

That's Marlo's hell! He's emasculated, he's lost his power - the only thing he ever got off on (He was never about violence or even sex). He can only get his kicks by almost dying in a fight now. Stringer's legit dream means shit to him.

It's the best half-arsed indirect happy ending a show like the wire could offer. Thats why it's fucking A+.

Anyway I'm off to re-up on the stash.

Just finished this.

The last three episodes really pulled the fifth season out of the fire... by being absolutely fucking brilliant.

the red ribbon killer story had me feeling uncomfortable the whole way through the last season, purely because it wasn;t that realistic. but i still loved it. season 2 still my favourite though.

genius.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back