The Wire - s05e10 - Finale - Spoilers (1 Viewer)

SONYMEGADRIVE

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

ok that was great! last 2 episodes pretty much righted a flawed season

couldn't have asked for it to go out in a better way. few questions that
need a ponderin -

marlo: he sells the connect..but seems reluctant to go levy's business
route...what's he gonna do? he's clearly not part of the co-op anymore

michael killing marlo's bank: further revenge or is he just a stickup kid
now or both?

highlight - cheese getting shot in the head. finally!

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit, that was some episode. so much happened.
marlo's fucked, but he doesn't care. that scene was amazing, him on the corner, just after dodging a bullet, on a fuckin bone because he's back in the mix.
mike as the new omar. dookie the new bubbs. levy getting all warm and bubbly. some great scenes. daniels with his too be continued. mcnulty's and lesters funeral. slim smoking cheese!

think i'll watch this again at the weekend.
sad that its over but that was a good way to end it.

i'm gonna download the broadcast one on monday and watch that...

just in case anything change...that looked like a work print

great episode - knew they were gonna do the funeral thing!

Really highlighted the futility of the whole drugs war, everyone taking someone elses place.

Histroy repeating and all that.

I'm a free born man of the USA, RIP the Wire.

Was amazzzzzing. The whole "new breed" thing of people becoming the new whatever was superb. Even Carver becoming the new McNulty was brilliant. The final ten minutes were the best, I has to watch it twice. Good ol Bubbles being finally left up to his sisters place.

marlo: he sells the connect..but seems reluctant to go levy's business
route...what's he gonna do? he's clearly not part of the co-op anymore

He's out. He has his money he couldn't give a flying fuck. He's got the millions in the bank in South America. He can do a Omar and leave the county, live out his days there. The scene with him on the corner was just to prive to himself that he owned the city and people didn't even know who he was which was exactly what he was going for.

michael killing marlo's bank: further revenge or is he just a stickup kid
now or both?

He didn't kill him. He just shot him. The guy was clearly still alive "He shot me in the knee motherfucker!!". He's going down the Omar revene route by doing stick ups.

jaysus, shot in the leg / killed, whatevs! for all you know he could have bled
to death, or got pneumonia or died of loneliness

and if we're being snotty, it was sydnor that was becoming the new mcnulty
or do all black people look the same to you, you racist piece of shit, gahamy?!

s;udfhsdfbhaskdlfgidls;fgiyaf;dbhkvsfdlvbdfsylvdfuygvpybslfv
dafbv;sdfkbvsdlfv
asdufbvlsdfjhbvsdfv

THAT WAS FUCKING AWESOME.

Fucking brilliant!
So happy with the way it ended.
The whole season really changed up in the last 2 or 3 episodes.

The look on Templeton's face as McNulty ripped him apart!!
That was the first time i've liked McNulty in ages.

Brilliant nods to the first season ("Yvette's making brisket"... "keep my name out of this"... "givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck").
Really made the whole thing come full circle.

'Bout time Marlo's bank (fuckin hubcap auld lad...what IS his name?) got what was comin to him.
Especially after how Butchie had been treated earlier in the season.

but highlight = SLIM ON CHEESE!!!
Fuck, yeah!!
Just to show that values/respect still matter in the game,

All in all.... fuckin brilliant.

Brilliant nods to the first season ("Yvette's making brisket"... "keep my name out of this"... "givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck").
Really made the whole thing come full circle.

Aye, they were pure class!
Lester living with(married?) to the stripper bird they turned informant too.

Time to go back to Season 1 I think!

What was the crack with Templeton? It didn't really make sense that all the shit was piling up and he wins a prize. That was an echo of that real life Blair case in the Washington Times or NY Times a few years ago. A dude made up interviews and claimed to have been places he'd never been in stories.

The highlight was Bubs upstairs, a man somewhat restored, with dignity and family. That was fuckin beautiful. The Presbo cameo was cool.
I still can't figure why Dookie picked the worst option available to him but sure.

It would have been cool if they'd done a ROTJ and had the ghosts of Stringer Bell and Omar and Prop Joe.

He's out. He has his money he couldn't give a flying fuck. He's got the millions in the bank in South America. He can do a Omar and leave the county, live out his days there. The scene with him on the corner was just to prive to himself that he owned the city and people didn't even know who he was which was exactly what he was going for.

He didn't kill him. He just shot him. The guy was clearly still alive "He shot me in the knee motherfucker!!". He's going down the Omar revene route by doing stick ups.

I agree with both of these statements. Marlo walked off with 10 mill plus whatever Levy had helped him hide away before he was busted. He doesn't need to put his money out on the street, not with the developers, not with dope. He can just sit on it.

Mike as the new Omar is spot on too I think. In some sort of twisted way Omar was the moral core of the whole series. He did bad things, but pretty much only to bad people. It was almost a point of personal pride that he didn't turn a gun on a civilian. You can see that in Mike too, he's got the balls for the game but he doesn't have the heart to fuck over decent folk.

I think the big thing about the last few episodes is the sense of futility to everything that's happened. McNulty and Lester gave up their careers to get Marlo and he walked away from it. But it goes beyond that. Carcetti ran for Mayor thinking that he could make a difference but he walked into the education budget problems from the off and sold out all his principles for an approval rating, in the end he was just like Royce. Daniels made it to the top in the department then was forced out almost immediately, Valchek isn't going to do shit as commissioner, he'll give Nerese whatever crime stats she wants. Alma and Gus shopped Templeton and were punished for it.

And it goes on and on, like they said over and over the game is the game and shit just repeats itself. The Barksdale crew got taken down and up steps Marlo, he was kingpin for a while but his operation went down in the end in much the same way. Chris even wound up hanging with Wee Bay in prison. Someone else has stepped up to fill in the gap and Levy is probably going to wind up lawyering for him.

The only hope seemed to be in 2 of the characters who at the outset seemed to be the weakest, Bubs got his life back together and properly reconciled with his family, Pres is doing good work in the school.

I loved it by the way, great episode.

i think all white people, myself included should stop saying "the game"
as it's completely mortifying when you read back over it...niggaz!!!

but highlight = SLIM ON CHEESE!!!
Fuck, yeah!!
Just to show that values/respect still matter in the game,

All in all.... fuckin brilliant.

yeah, values, respect - except the first thing said after he was shot was, 'what did you do that for, now where will we get the other 900 from!?'

thats pretty questionable values there...

although cheese had it coming :)

Great episode. Mike the new omar was cool, marlo sorting out those corner boys was deadly, mcnultys "wake" was a good scene, questions: did all the police force at the wake know about the made up serial killer? seemed like it. also, are mcnulty and freamon completely out of the force or just got shit positions again? sad to never see another episode. wasn't my favourite season by a long shot, but the last few episodes were great.

both out of the force.
freamon said he'd handed in his papers, and mcnulty said "i'm police, well i used to be" at the homeless shelter at the end.

WHO SHOT THAT GUY IN THE KNEE IN THE STORE... AND TOOK THE MONEY?? I TOLD MY FRIEND IT WAS MICHAEL AND HE LOOKED AT ME LIKE I WAS CRAZY SAYIN THAT IT DOESNT EVEN LOOK LIKE MICHAEL IN THE LEAST BIT AND I DONT KNOW WHAT IM TALKIN BOUT... CAN SOMEONE PLEASE CLEAR THAT UP FOR ME

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back