The Thumped Motoring Forum (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 90K
  • Watchers 10
I had a non-starter this week which wasn't the end of the world but given i've a little bit of free time I've opted to see if I can do the fix myself.
More as it happens..

I had a non-starter this week which wasn't the end of the world but given i've a little bit of free time I've opted to see if I can do the fix myself.
More as it happens..

I've ruled out a fair few things, it's looking like the alternator, I might take that out tomorrrow and see.

I've ruled out a fair few things, it's looking like the alternator, I might take that out tomorrrow and see.

Dug my way to the alternator this evening, and having thrown 12v at it from an actually car battery it seems dead. Gonna see if I can grab one locally on thursday and go from there.

Do you have an alternative option?

Sorta (i know it was a pun). Occasionally stealing UTM's car but mostly biking it.

let's say your dwell time in a filling station, buying petrol, is 5 minutes and they're making a €5 profit from you on a €70 spend.
if your dwell time is half an hour in an electric car, and your spend is €20, what sort of profit will they be expecting?

let's say your dwell time in a filling station, buying petrol, is 5 minutes and they're making a €5 profit from you on a €70 spend.
if your dwell time is half an hour in an electric car, and your spend is €20, what sort of profit will they be expecting?
The really high speed chargers like Ionity are heavily marked up, but on any longer journeys we do the charging stop is the food stop so I suppose that’s the upsell.

50% of petrol/diesel is general taxation too - so that'll eventually have to be added to away from home charge rates.

It'd be worthwhile saying in the consultation that the electricity price needs to be incentivised until the net zero target for the state is reached.

edit: i cant tell if my typos are bad typing or fucking AI anymore

€5 is 7.14% of €70

7.14% of €20 is €1.43

But that’s only for 5 minutes.

30 minutes gives you €8.57

50% of petrol/diesel is general taxation too - so that'll eventually have to be added to away from home charge rates.

It'd be worthwhile saying in the consultation that the electricity price needs to be incentivised until the net zero target for the state is reached.

edit: i cant tell if my typos are bad typing or fucking AI anymore

The cost of public changing needs to come down if they want people to use more EVs

The cost of public changing needs to come down if they want people to use more EVs

Just being a nitpicker here but the they in the most enviromental conversations is actually more of a we - on the basis of being a human who wants to at least slow down the world upsidedowning thats going to play out for the next 30 years. If it was general taxation for whitewater rafting it'd be very much a they - but in Ireland we depend a lot on fuel taxation for our quality of life*. No taxing road electricity is gonna create a financial hole that has to be filled somehow.

*distribution of tax is pretty shite but also our baseline quality of life is relatively high.

Was reading this this morning - well enough laid out and considerate piece about the electric/fossil axis and footprint.

TLDR everything after 40,000km in an electric is justifiable when actual build carbon is considered.

In 2022, 68 per of the total Australian electricity came from fossil fuels and 32 per cent from renewables.

They were using this basis - Our's isn't wildly different to that - i think we are mildly better - we are about 50% gas, 50% renewables (user mileage may vary)

They have near the bottom comparative Aussie regions that have more fossil or renewables and it still stacks up pretty well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back