• Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 85K
  • Watchers 10

GO

Now Is Go
Supporter
Solutions
Just gave the van its christmas wash..jazes christ it was manky..could barely see out the windows

I attribute it to the regular fog on the n3..foggiest road in Ireland

@johnnystress ,hi!

I need to be able to rate you "Hero" and "Winner" as well as "Quality Thread"

Thats all well and good but have you washed your car for christmas yet?

Thats all well and good but have you washed your car for christmas yet?
I went to do it at the weekend but the hose thing was out of order. It's in dire need of a good wash too.

I went to do it at the weekend but the hose thing was out of order. It's in dire need of a good wash too.
A hose! Pretty sweet! I hope you get her back up n hosin' in time for the chrimbo.

I had to go OLD SCHOOL ..a bucket..but its one S W E E T bucket..I'd says she's a 10 litre at least..does double duty on mop day...thats right.the mop fits right in her...pretty fucking sweet.

Jermy Clarkson vould do a yoke on this in his new show

More importantly, have you put the Rudolph nose and antlers on yet?
Not a CHANCE!

That shit is for M U G S

Don't tell me you'd besmirch your jamjar with such frivolous accouterments?

Been a rough year for little red. Needed a new power coil(?), had a leak into the spark plugs which buggered all that, new battery. Been smooth sailing for the last 3 months, but the driver side window is jamming now and I need to wind it down to get out of the car park.

still, got us around donegal for a week in the summer. battery held on till the week we got back.

Fiesta
1.25ltr
88,000 miles
RED

I've an 01 yaris with 175000+ miles on it, about 55,000 were me and I've replaced a fan belt and a suspension part in that time. It might see 190000+ now I've a new nct. It's shocking reliable. had a Peugeot that was pretty high maintenance before, and a Nissan that was really solid but too heavy on fuel.

Bluetooth / USB radio is a must.

but the driver side window is jamming now and I need to wind it down to get out of the car park.

I have to open the door to do this. I can open the window but then have to struggle with it to wind it back up so I don't bother anymore.The slider mechanism inside the door is likely rusted to fuck. I'll replace it some day...maybe.

Knuckle joint on my front passenger side has given up the ghost so I'm scraping over every ramp and bump in the road. Getting it sorted next week. My mechanic must have enough for the deposit on his yacht by now.

did the local hardshaws not write 'WASH ME' in the dirt?
Thats interesting...we always called them hard-chaws!
Either way I havent heard the term in yizzonks its great.
I recently became aware that in Britain they are sometimes reffered to as "roadmen" which I also love.

Thankfully there are no hard chaws in this sleepy hamlet to be fingering wash me into van dirt
There is one anti social youth,well he's in his 20's I think,but as he's a lone wolf he's pretty much screwed cos anything that gets vandalised etc,has to be him! lol .What a thick.

"The Green Vanalishi"
Renault Kangoo
11 y/o
160k kms
No hubcaps
Recently Washed
GREEN

Last edited:
I've an 01 yaris with 175000+ miles on it, about 55,000 were me and I've replaced a fan belt and a suspension part in that time. It might see 190000+ now I've a new nct. It's shocking reliable. had a Peugeot that was pretty high maintenance before, and a Nissan that was really solid but too heavy on fuel.

Bluetooth / USB radio is a must.
I've taken to wearing earphones when driving..just is ear ones,I'm not wreckless.I have considering full cans..wouldn't that be fantastic!! But I think it could be dangerous to be too immersed in Jean Michelle Jarre and possibly an invitation to get pulled over by the fuzz,which nobody wants

currently driva a diesel. So much better oon fuel consumption than the last petrol car. Not so much in dublin, but when we go to inlaw''s in Mayo, really see the diference.
Lovely car to drive.

132 Astra
1.8.Diesel

Last edited:
Don't get me started.
"Service Now" light at startup
Brake Pad light always on
Worst air con ever, screen constantly fogged, the one way to stop it is to have the heater on full blasting at the screen, which of course means you need the windows down...
Driver's side window controls fucked.
Drivers window doesn't open.
Remote locking fucked.
Front right tyre needs pumping every week.
Filthy
Over 180k milage
NCT due, it will fail on brakes and emisions, I just know it.
Tax due.

I sort of love it though, runs really well, big, has a tape deck.
2003 Ford Galaxy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back