The Thumped Motoring Forum (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 86K
  • Watchers 10
Thanks. That was handy. The thought of a stream of tyre kickers coming to the house fills me with dread

And people kept saying,get your test if only for the insurance to come down.
It's since come down a bit,but still not what it was before my full license.

I shopped around too,one place wanted to have someone come out for a drive with me,so they could basically test me again before they could give me a quote. Wish I could remember who. I of course told them no,I had just passed my test a few hours earlier.

And people kept saying,get your test if only for the insurance to come down.
It's since come down a bit,but still not what it was before my full license.

I shopped around too,one place wanted to have someone come out for a drive with me,so they could basically test me again before they could give me a quote. Wish I could remember who. I of course told them no,I had just passed my test a few hours earlier.

for fuck sake.

maybe try get another driver on your policy as a named driver, one thats been driving for a few years. brings the price down for some reason.

2014-10-18_ent_3974491_I1.JPG

yesterday i had to take my mothers car from donegal to galway to sort out some things for it. the rear passenger door wouldnt close which meant the luxurious stupidly bright interior lights wouldn't go off. I used garden wire attached to the passenger seat for the first 100km or so, which eventually failed, then upgraped to a plank wedged in with a water bottle. toook nearly 6 hrs.

Sundays are great.

yesterday i had to take my mothers car from donegal to galway to sort out some things for it. the rear passenger door wouldnt close which meant the luxurious stupidly bright interior lights wouldn't go off. I used garden wire attached to the passenger seat for the first 100km or so, which eventually failed, then upgraped to a plank wedged in with a water bottle. toook nearly 6 hrs.

Sundays are great.
Hero react!

Worn bushings in the car. The fuck does that mean. They said its nothing major. Hope not. Already but 300 into this banger :(

Worn bushings in the car. The fuck does that mean. They said its nothing major. Hope not. Already but 300 into this banger :(
just the rubber doohickeys in the suspension. You need to get the mechanic to replace them . Not that expensive really. Could be worse.

they are nothing major in that they aren't a critical illness, they just wear out and you put on new ones. I can't remember how 'major' they cost though.

I've been driving for 12 or 13 years and last week i learned that you can tilt your rear view mirror so the glare from headlights behind you doesn't blind you at night. Prismatic mirrors. What a time to be alive.

I've been driving for 12 or 13 years and last week i learned that you can tilt your rear view mirror so the glare from headlights behind you doesn't blind you at night. Prismatic mirrors. What a time to be alive.
Welcome to 20 years ago. Ours don’t tilt but if you press a little button the rear view mirror and the wing mirrors turn greeny-blue and it takes down the glare hugely. It takes a couple of seconds to kick in but it’s super cool. I’ve no idea what the mechanism is.

100 quid to fix the worn bushes. Have to take a day off work to go to the garage, wait an hour in the cold and then come back. Its grand and I shouldn't complain but....Ugggggggh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back