The Thumped Motoring Forum (4 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 87K
  • Watchers 10
€300 for the lens of my back light on the Toyota. I reversed into the wall ages ago.
Still it's the only thing that didn't pass the NCT on the 2012 car with over 240K kmh on it.

FFS.
Because I use the car too much i've a had service early, fix everything asap approach going on for two years. Booked in a few weeks ago referencing the things to do from thier database for early this week. They didn't have the booking on the booking so they hadn't gotten parts and were a bit shirty that i'd expect them to do the thing i booked in for. Back again today (this is an hour earlier start for ann to still make work) and they hadn't diagnosed properly, again didn't have parts and the thing is in bits in the worskhop so I cant have it back. Being a rural this an either taxi or hostel/hotel situation at this point. The have no spare car to give me even though there are several hundred in the yard. There is no guarantee what time it emerges tomorrow, and i'm working a shift i can't walk out on bar maybe 45 mins taxi kinda ordeal tomorrow.

FFS.

FFS.
Because I use the car too much i've a had service early, fix everything asap approach going on for two years. Booked in a few weeks ago referencing the things to do from thier database for early this week. They didn't have the booking on the booking so they hadn't gotten parts and were a bit shirty that i'd expect them to do the thing i booked in for. Back again today (this is an hour earlier start for ann to still make work) and they hadn't diagnosed properly, again didn't have parts and the thing is in bits in the worskhop so I cant have it back. Being a rural this an either taxi or hostel/hotel situation at this point. The have no spare car to give me even though there are several hundred in the yard. There is no guarantee what time it emerges tomorrow, and i'm working a shift i can't walk out on bar maybe 45 mins taxi kinda ordeal tomorrow.

FFS.

C
U
N
T
S

The other week I was leaving work and my hand brake wouldn't disengage. Meaning, I could release it in the car but it still wouldn't release underneath. I googled all the possible ways or quick fixes but there was no budging. The Dacia dealership is a five minute walk away so I went down to check if I could have it towed there to be fixed. I was told it would be 2 1/2 weeks before they could even fit it in.

I had the next two days pre-booked off work, so just left my car in the work lot from Wed-Mon. I took the train to work that Monday and when walking up from the station I saw a petrol station with a garage attached and they fix breaks. I went in, got a coffee, and asked about my car but weren't open yet and the guy behind the counter told me to come back in an hour.

I got another coffee on my break and a guy in his late 20s walked over to my car with a sledge hammer, gently whacked it and got it to disengage enough to drive it over the short distance. Before I was done for the day, it was fixed. Apparently my break broke and a shard of it was lodged in good. It cost me 200 euro to get it replaced, well worth it.

Now I go and get my Bewley's coffee there everyday and they know me. Even sometimes give me extra stamps on my coffee loyalty card. It's a 4 generation family garage and where I will always go now.

The other week I was leaving work and my hand brake wouldn't disengage. Meaning, I could release it in the car but it still wouldn't release underneath. I googled all the possible ways or quick fixes but there was no budging. The Dacia dealership is a five minute walk away so I went down to check if I could have it towed there to be fixed. I was told it would be 2 1/2 weeks before they could even fit it in.

I had the next two days pre-booked off work, so just left my car in the work lot from Wed-Mon. I took the train to work that Monday and when walking up from the station I saw a petrol station with a garage attached and they fix breaks. I went in, got a coffee, and asked about my car but weren't open yet and the guy behind the counter told me to come back in an hour.

I got another coffee on my break and a guy in his late 20s walked over to my car with a sledge hammer, gently whacked it and got it to disengage enough to drive it over the short distance. Before I was done for the day, it was fixed. Apparently my break broke and a shard of it was lodged in good. It cost me 200 euro to get it replaced, well worth it.

Now I go and get my Bewley's coffee there everyday and they know me. Even sometimes give me extra stamps on my coffee loyalty card. It's a 4 generation family garage and where I will always go now.
BRAKES. ffs.

This kinda has those vibes of times when a product is new and there are 50 useless versions of it that fade into history, except it's happening at the scale of making a whole car each time rather than say, smart glasses from a few years ago that all told might have amounted to few tonnes of bullshit. This is end times shit for real.

I upgraded to an older more efficient car.
When DIY today to sorta few little things.
Got past the vital bits grand, then was thinking to put in the bluetooth/radio i lifted from a previous car.
Opened the dashboard to find someone had spliced in an entire bluetooth device, complete with speaker, then made it redundant and decided the best thing to to was to cram it all behind the dashboard and pretend it didn't exist.

Also i picked up a bluetooth obdII reader, it's interesting and probably largely useless to most people, but I can certify the lowest price ebay one works.

All this crap was just living beding the radio, half connected

Attachments

• IMG_20240403_120402.jpg
    IMG_20240403_120402.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 0
Also on a side note when i was doing the youtube reserach to fix things loads of people were doing videos on how to fit a reversing camera on said car. It's a 107/Aygo/C1 - I can essentially reach the back window from the driving seat and just feel where the things behind the car are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back