you say boom! boom!

You're unbelievable!

<rad guitar solo>

..why what were you talking about?

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woollen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with string,
These are a few of my favorite things

why, what was the other guy talking about?

I soo missed the joke on the Things, and that's just me being very honest. They sent me a demo about 18months ago and a the time I thought yeah that's quite good. They were tight, and they sounded quite unlke their peers in the scene (though maybe not unlike some other non-Irish bands...tumteetum)

But I don't get it - I knew something was up when they appeared in an eyebrowy animation. But what's so wrong with them that sets them apart from all the other bands that people find annoying.

Explain please, with diagrams if you like.

ah you know De Tings aren't de worst. They're grand for the odd support slot etc. The whole Cramps / Stooges stchick gets a bit old after a while (usally when the lead singer looks like he's gonna pass out from over exhertion) but apart from that sure what harm.

roxy said:
But I don't get it - I knew something was up when they appeared in an eyebrowy animation. But what's so wrong with them that sets them apart from all the other bands that people find annoying.
at the risk of this turning into another 'focks sake, jim carrolls an orsehole' conversation, bands that play unoriginal, shit music shouldnt be applauded for just being alright by dublin standards. the things represent all that is shit about dublin's music scene, and so are represented here by the deathangel.

01-019.jpg

theyre no listo tho :rolleyes: what ever happened to those guys?

Napalm said:
Bit o' fun.

If yer gonna rip someone off, may as well be daycent bands like The Cramps/Stooges etc. blah

Hang on a sec, is this one of these threads posted (and replied to) by band members about their own bands?

If so, it's just a bit of fun. Do you want to come down the drain with me for a bit of fun? Is it giro day?

i think they're great by any standards, not just dublin standards. in fact they're the best band in the world by london standards. see they're plaing at queens of noize club there next month -i'd be surprised if they don't make a major impression given the amount of shit stooges-wanna-be acts that get taken seriously over there. it'll be nice for them to see an act who are as raucous as iggy

Deaglan said:
i think they're great by any standards, not just dublin standards. in fact they're the best band in the world by london standards. see they're plaing at queens of noize club there next month -i'd be surprised if they don't make a major impression given the amount of shit stooges-wanna-be acts that get taken seriously over there. it'll be nice for them to see an act who are as raucous as iggy
were you not suing them last week?

Deaglan said:
yep, sounds like they'd fit in quite well in london... there's so many bands like that over there right now, it's like some kind of nightmareish plague.

Last time I saw them live i kind of enjoyed them. Their bass player is awesome, really excellent basslines. The singer has a bit too much of a cramps thing going on but it beats people who stand still on stage staring at the sky who have an indie star gazer thing going on. At least he gets stuck into his job...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back