The talking about Arsenal FC thread (8 Viewers)

Kept an eye on the live text alright, said it looked like calf problem? Clichy seemingly had a bad game, was booked and Fabergas "wasted" 2 free kicks according to SkySports. Richard Dunne was booked for an outburst after Campbell clipped his heels in extra time and he got no free kick.

The only encouraging thing about last nights performance was the fact that Sol Campbell got through it quite well. Everyone else (bar Cesc, obviously) was rubbish. The injuries are now most def trophy threatening. No Verminator and any more injuries in defense and we're fucked, as in lucky to get 4th spot fucked. The form has completely gone. Denilson did nothing right last night and lots of things wrong. Arshavin seems to have gone on holiday. Bendtner is back, so ok, two encouraging things from last night, but overall it doesn't look good going up against the cunts this weekend. They'll be buzzing from the Carling Cup win, we'll be nervous as fuck with Sol against Rooney, or Song against Rooney and Denilson being a passenger again in midfield.
Wenger needs to buy. Up front and now at the back too. It won't save us against the cunts but it might save our season.

I heard they are keeping the location a secret. Maybe they reckon more people will head to their local "SuperPub" if they're not sure which one it's on in. My moneys on one of those massive pubs in some kip like swords or blanch.

Fantastic news. Not too bad if he's not ready for the weekend now that Song is back. Defense should be a lot better protected than of late. Anybody know how he fared in the ACN? Will he be knackered or did he have it fairly handy. I reckon Bendtner could cause a few problems for a Ferdinand-less back 4. They should just tell him to play battering ram for 65 min and once they're absolutely bolloxed bring on Theo to keep running at them. Even if we don't score they'll be fucked for their next game.

Wenger said Song looked tired in his last game plus flights from Angola to Cameron then to London, so I'd say doubtful for Sunday, maybe might give him a run out though. Here's hoping Vermaelen pulls through!

Oh you fucking tease Arsene.

It is not only about wanting to buy. It is about finding better players than the ones we have available and we haven’t done so up until now.
It’s as simple as that. You always want to add Ronaldo if you can, but is he available? Chamakh is not available because he is playing with Bordeaux and they don’t want to release him. David Villa as well. Valencia don’t want to let him go now.

Did he just say he'd got serious interest in who I'd rate as being the best striker in the world or is he just listing off players that aren't available for us to buy?

Anyway more important is today's match. Come on goons.

Arsenal team: Almunia, Sagna, Gallas, Vermaelen, Clichy, Song, Denilson, Fabregas, Rosicky, Nasri, Arshavin. Subs: Fabianski, Silvestre, Eboue, Traore, Ramsey, Walcott, Bendtner

The Verminator is on. Come on you Gunners!

Fucking Almunia. Terrible team selection by Wenger. Arshavin up front on his own weakens us and wastes his talent. No bendtner means no hassle for the weakened Man U defense. This is turning into a missed opportunity. Nothing worse than being undone by your own manager.

As Serpico said about playing with no forward (also plan B long ball/corners threat)
We never looked dangerous from crosses or corners...Denilson yet again NAIVE when it comes to tracking back....I could see Rooney scoring that 2nd from way back but Denilson plays as if he is blind and sees nothing going on around him
We've had the Almunia discussion b4...shite keeper.
Our best player was Verminator , after a sticky start Clichy did improve....and can we not change our tactics so Cesc doesn't be snuffed out of a game?
Actually I'll end this post now as I'll keep finding faults...
Very similar to the Chelsea game, lots of possession but not much of a thread and butchered on the break.
Only consolation is no pressure on us going to Chelsea.

From the Football365 website:
United were excellent but the truth - and dismal reality for their opponents - is that they did not have to do much to reach excellence or inflict humiliation. Against opponents who could not save and could not shoot, victory was easy. Peasy. Despite the size of their victory, United did not create an especially large number of chances and did not look especially secure at the back either. And yet they were in control throughout. There is plenty to be said, and won, with clinical ruthlessness.

* And Manchester United have a tendency to reserve their ruthless best for encounters with Arsenal. They scored with their first two shots in May's European semi-final at the Emirates, went 2-1 ahead at Old Trafford in August having only produced a single shot on target, and scored with two of the three shots on target they produced in the first-half this Sunday. We could make use those statistics to make an observation about Manuel Almunia and the number of saves he makes but you know it already.

* Also wondering what the third shot was (ie the one that Manchester United did not score with)? It was Denilson's inadvertent attempt at own-goal from a fifth-minute corner that Samir Nasri hacked off the line. So given that United's first goal has to be recorded as an Almunia own-goal as Nani's cross would not have gone in without his diversion, it's a statistical fact that Arsenal produced more shots on target against themselves than United did. At least in August, when Wayne Rooney and Abou Diaby were on the scoresheet, it was an even split.

* United have a blueprint for beating Arsenal that works: Crowd them out in midfield, play narrow in defence, and hit them on the counter-attack. United were at their most dangerous when Arsenal had possession, and Rooney's goal was Ronaldo's backwards.

* To state an obvious point that cannot be ignored nor disputed any longer: Arsenal are not at the same level at Chelsea and Manchester United and that discrepancy is particularly apparent in their head-to-head encounters. In the past twelve months, the Gunners have faced their superiors on eight occasions and have not won once. Total score from those matches: 5-18. In the context of Chelsea and United's status as two of the three best teams in Europe, Arsenal's inferiority is no disgrace. But it is, by and large, impossible to win silverware these years without beating either Chelsea or United along the way and Arsenal will remain trophyless until they find a new way.

* Football commentators should never, ever talk about tennis mid-way through a game. Especially a good game of respected proportion.

* Much was made (and possibly will still be) of the positional change Sir Alex Ferguson instigated mid-way through the first half when he switched around Michael Carrick and Paul Scholes. But the real puzzle was what Sir Alex was thinking in the first place when he deployed Scholes to mark Fabregas.

* Nani's rebirth is the most unlikely comeback of the season. A goner two months ago, he was pivotal in the Gunners' dismantling this weekend. But the qualification to the praise he receives ought to be the realisation that Gael Clichy is a busted flush. There's an old saying that class is permanent, form is temporary but Clichy, whose performance on Sunday belongs in the nought out of ten category, has been out of form for two years. At what point does it become accepted that his previous good form was a blip and his class is second-rate? He's plummeted from being one of the best full-backs in the league to one of the worst and a liability that every team now seeks to expose.

* The running theme in all three goals Arsenal conceded was the culpability of Clichy, Almunia and Denilson. With neat symmetry, all three were at fault for the third. One of the many differences between the two sides was that, whereas Arsenal had three weak links, Manchester United had none. Every one of their players enhanced their reputation.

All good points.

Ferguson puts Wenger in his place after yesterday's match.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I don't fucking believe this. Chelsea just dropped two points against Hull. What are the odds we beat them at the weekend and hand the title to those filthy fucking cumwads from up north? If it ends up going to the worst united team EVER that is it, I have had it with football. I just can't take the anguish. It's like real life only LESS FAIR!!!! Where's the entertainment in that? I'd rather watch every sexual embarassement and romantic rejection I've ever had in 3 FUCKING D than put up with any more of this shit.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAARGHHHHHHH
HHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't fucking believe this. Chelsea just dropped two points against Hull. What are the odds we beat them at the weekend and hand the title to those filthy fucking cumwads from up north? If it ends up going to the worst united team EVER that is it, I have had it with football. I just can't take the anguish. It's like real life only LESS FAIR!!!! Where's the entertainment in that? I'd rather watch every sexual embarassement and romantic rejection I've ever had in 3 FUCKING D than put up with any more of this shit.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAARGHHHHHHH
HHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's okay dude, Chelsea will probably batter us to put us out of our misery for good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back