The Simpsons (2 Viewers)

season 9 has the realty bites episode which i dont hate and the new york one..after that it just went poop..that planet simpson book is deadly..i also got another one in forbidden planet thats about the psychology of the simpsons..the worst thing about reading them is that it just reminds you how deadly it was..and how shite it is now..i actually refuse to watch new episodes after me and the other half watched one about a year ago and didnt laugh once..

i rememebr getting excited when sky one started showing it..i think the call of the simpsons was my first episode too..

sunday nights on sky one were magic for me as a kid.
allowed to sit up to watch the simpsons, then we had creamed rice followed by 21 jump street.
do the bartman.

edit: do yis reckon the writers and matt groening know that the simpsons have gone to shite?

Looking at wikipedia season lists there, number 11 was the last one i enjoyed.

Season 12 happens to be the one where Krusty's daughter made an appearance which I said before was when it went downhill for me. 12 12 12 12 12 12 garbage.

For me the death knell was when they starting putting out these excessively moralistic episodes like that one where Bart accidentally kills the bird.

The fist time I ever saw it was that one where Homer gets caught with the stripper.

i'm reluctant to speak up too loudly because i am not watching regularly, but, erm, i still find the simpsons funny. funnier than the first few series.

aside from the long white stripes scene, i loved the episode where bart became a jazz drummer. i also liked the one where homer sets up a gay wedding service. and my favourite episode ever is in (thanks, wikipedia!) series 15 - where lisa sets up an independent newspaper. i'm afraid i could list more, too.

i have always hated the celebrity, history/other fiction-based, travel and hallowe'en episodes. my issue with the early series is probably mostly down to being, erm, a nerdy know-it-all veggie kid named lisa at about the right point in school when its popularity peaked.

and the simpsons avatar creator is deadly.

Attachments

• Picture 4.png
    Picture 4.png
    22.9 KB · Views: 24
This is probably a stupid question but once you've created your avatar how do you save it to your computer?

I gave up and just did a prnt scrn on it:

687012811_02113236d7.jpg

Season 14 did have one really funny scene in an otherwise atrocious episode. The one where Bart and Homer take a ride in the Electric Car exhibit "Sponsored by the Petroleum Producers of America". In a Droopy-style voice the car goes "I'm an electric car, I don't move too fast and if you drive me people will think you're gay."

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back