7.00 - 7.20: Tom Dunning & Your Boyfriends
7.25 - 7.55: Carol Keogh & band
8.00 - 8.20: Robb McCaffree followed by Eamonn "Ebby" Brett
8.30 - 8.50: Ewa Gigon
9.00 - 9.10: Sean Twomey with Kim Porcelli and friends
9.15 - 9.35: Richer Than Astronauts
9.45 - 10.15: Mumblin' Deaf Ro
10.25- 11.00: Groom

It'll be a nice mix of people who play music quitefrequently and those who are just getting up for fun. And there'll also be a mix of bands' original music and covers - quite a few Kate Bush covers too!

Hey folks, as usual I was running around like a blue-arsed fly for this so I didn't find out till afterwards that there were a few people at this gig from thumped. So thanks a million for coming down, people. Much appreciated. I had a blast, and have never been working so flat out for so long.

And I don't know if any of the musicians involved frequent these boards but if they do, thanks a million to everyone who played. Honestly, it couldn't have gone smoother, and this was thanks to the professionalism and no-bullshit attitude of all the musicians, who were all great and didn't complain about not getting a sound check and having to play short sets - Prairie Dawgs were the perfect band to start off the night with their lively, homely country. Thinguma*jigSaw were amaaaazing, Carol Keogh and band absolutely sublime, Ewa Gigon played a brief set of three songs - but what a set! Richer Than Astronauts were fantastic, both on the hill and in the venue, as were Walpurgis Family. Mike from RTA and Kim Porcelli were brilliant playing a song at short notice with little practice. And it was also great hearing Mumblin' Deaf Ro try on some different musical hats by playing some covers of Rufus, Aimee Winehouse and of course Bright Eyes (also great fun for me). Thanks also to the other singers/musicians who got up and sang their hearts out - Robb McCaffree, Ebby (quite a singular talent, this fellow), Magdaleen, Tom Dunning & Your Boyfriends, Paul (not sure of his last name), and of course Sean Twomey. Fantastic day out.

I walked separately and non sensually that day. Been to Howth many times but never walked the around/up the head. Gorgeous. Took some time out to watch the football and grab dinner in a pub then popped in for a a drink and music. Tom Dunning & Your Boyfriends was very entertaining. Too bad it was only two songs.

i arrived at howth head around 4.30 with a gigantic bag of czech beer. i didn't come down until around 9 that night. the weather was amazing. thanks for a great day :) sorry i missed what i was supposed to be there for but boy, what an amazing day to be up there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back