The Sensual Walk 2008 (1 Viewer)

snakybus

Website
www.breakingtunes.com
This is happening again this year in Howth this Saturday, June 14th, and there's loads of bands playing.

Mumblin' Deaf Ro
Carol Keogh & Band
Thinguma*jigSaw
Prairie Dawgs
Richer Than Astronauts
...and many more

In short, it's a walk around Howth Head, starting at 2.00 PM. There is no requirement to walk in a sensual way.

People meet on the top of Howth Head, near the car park, where there'll be live music outside (rain or shine), and folk will guzzle peaches and seed cake, a la Leopold and Molly Bloom in Ulysses.

Then people walk around the head, which takes about 45 minutes, and meet again in Howth village, in the Baily pub at 4 PM, where there's more food, pints and music late into the evening.

Loooooads of people are coming from all over the world, so should be great. All are welcome, of all ages.

Oh, and it's free.

More here: http://www.katebushnews.com/sensualwalk.htm

(*Note, Kate Bush isn't actually playing, just in case the poster below might lead you to think that. It's part of the Kate Bush News & Information/Homeground KB fan magazine...uh, community. Some folks will sing some KB songs, some others will do some in Joycean theme, and some will just do their own music.)

2ugh0qr.jpg

Organiser Sean Twomey and his mate (not in the biblical sense) Thomas Dunning will be discussing the event on Hoot Radio this evening on PoweFM, according to KBN&I:

On Thursday 12th June at 8pm GMT there will be an extra special 3 Hour edition of Hoot Radio streaming live on www.powerfm.org. Your hosts will be Thomas Dunning (founder of all things Hoot and producer of the I Wanna Be Kate CD) and myself Sean Twomey (aka DJ Sock-it-to-me....blame Thomas for that one!).

Sounds deadly .... might have to skip the walking bit though

sure i'd go to howth head just for howth head. gettin so see a load of gayers makin tits outa themselves? priceless.

just kiddin yo... sounds deadly, i'll be there.

Now that Snaky has advised that we're not obliged to walk sensually (that bit was scaring me) I'm looking forward to this.

Now that Snaky has advised that we're not obliged to walk sensually (that bit was scaring me) I'm looking forward to this.
i got to admit, i'm looking forward to trying to walk sensually. i pride myself on the accuracy of many animal walks i have so i imagine i'm going to be quite sensual.

Oh, it'll be dirty and smelly all right

the name comes from The Sensual World, an album/song by Kate Bush that is all about the scene from Ulysses on Howth

hey don't shoot the messenger, I didn't make it up!

Oh, I got it. It just congers up images of braided hair, no shoes, and long flowing skirts. Oh and a patchouli cloud over Howth Head.

For those of you getting the DART, if the tide is out, you can get off at Sutton and have a lovely quiet half-hour walk to Howth along Burrow Beach.

I'll mostly be doing Myxomatosis-themed cover versions at this. Bloomsday is also the first anniversary of the release of the Herring and the Brine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back