The Russian invasion of Ukraine (4 Viewers)

Just feeling irritated by the, I'm smarting than you, vibe coming off a few tweets. I doubt the fella putting the hat on his crying daughter and packing her on to a bus needs it.

i saw a thumpeder retweeting this yesterday

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Have to say, call me a capitalist shill, but the self righteous "this is NATOs fault, actually" tweets are pretty wearisome while a country is being invaded.
Yes. All the whataboutism is utter shit. He's bombing a peaceful country out of their right to exist as a country.

This is a murdering thug with a massive country waging a war on a neighbour because he thinks he should own it

He's not some rational geopolitical actor. He's someone who believes only in power.
He fucking kills people who just disagree with him. The list is as long as your arm. And it is the measure of the man.
He's been appeased and mollycoddled by Europe. Go ahead, take Crimea. Wage a war in Donbass. Shoot an airliner out of the goddamn sky. Kill people in London and Berlin.
What does he get for it? A pipeline that sends gas one way and money the other.
When you give guys like this no consequences, it emboldens him. This is what you get.

Talk about NATO and geopolitics all you like, but if you've lived on an estate or in flats where a drugs gang operate, then you'll have a better understanding of this cunt.

Hate the West, the US, Capitalism all you like. Plenty to criticise. Top to bottom.
But the boners people have for this fucking war criminal and the absolute mind-warping they will go to in order to defend the guy is mind-boggling.

he's not some counterweight to the West, he's a murdering cunt.

ETA - excuse the long angry take

We're not in NATO, we don't have an army, we don't have nuclear arms, we aren't energy independent, who do you think we are squaring up to Russia like that? Stop deluding yourself that we are important. At best we're complicit in funding the Russian army.

Though I’m also hyper aware that this is also going to be a propaganda war so I’m taking every Twitter thread with a pinch of salt (UA soldier slapping a wife to take the husband away?).

wondering if trump's records which are slowly making thier way into administration are hastening Putin's expansionist brutality. Trump just spent a term undermining NATO, I saw speculation that this was a bit of Putin puppetry. If there is a trail to be followed there he'd want his shit to be in place before USA/NATO are back on good terms. This is speculation.

I mean, he explicitly threatened the entire world with nuclear weapons if they come meddling in his empire building business. He might single out specific countries here and there, but he's as clear as he can be: he'll nuke everyone if he gets upset enough.

Polish PM is calling for harsher sanctions so not sure they’re on Russia’s side (and my understanding from Polish friends and various trips there is that they hate the Russians generally).

Ok but for instance I mentioned Hungary so what is Viktor Orbáns or the populist party he leads relationship with Russia if any ? Should George Soros be mentioned here ?

And since I bought up french politics and specifically the French right what for instance is Maire Le Pens relationship to the Kremlin ?

Or since I brought the vote leave campaign in the UK what is Arron Banks relationship ?

So if you take my point I was referring the right in Europe in general (I could also have mentioned Austria) and yes believe it or not Poland's (PIS) Prawo i Sprawiedliwość (law and justice) falls into that camp.

Last edited:

Russia submarines are sometimes seen of the Swedish coast in waters where they do not belong annoying the Swedish I believe or similar stuff like that happens. I would think more than a few may be asking if they aren't completely cracked at this stage.

Last edited:
This thread is grim reading.

i was at the ukraine-poland border back in 2009 and it was super depressing even then being stuck for hours trying to get through to the polish side in the middle of the night, I can only imagine what it must be like there now, fuck sake

Just saw this a minute ago

Russia submarines are sometimes seen of the Swedish coast in waters where they do not belong annoying the Swedish I believe or similar stuff like that happens. I would think more than a few may be asking if they aren't completely cracked at this stage.
Russian submarines have been doing shit off the coast of Sweden etc. for around 70 years now, nothing new there

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back