The Rules of Love (1 Viewer)

This goes must further than my meandering internet ramblings.
You better be damn good at writing power ballads if you're gonna attempt to take this one on

sincsral2223a.jpg

We do not have to play games
Or listen to all the names
They have for Russian roulette
If it's good enough for the Gemini Guys
Then it's good enough for me

You can't set rules about love
OH NO
You can't set rules about love

So if it's yes or it's no
Chime time says the radio
Why don't you kiss me deadly
If and when you slip away
Just don't let me hear you say
Good morning and goodbye

Resolution - the fourth and final part (you can't set rules about love)
Resolution - afterplay with my heart (you can't set rules about love)

every rose has its thorn
every night has its dawn
every cowboy sings a sad, sad, song
every rose has its thorn

I think Shakespeare wrote that. And thats just for starters!!

when you know a relationship is over, finish it..dont drag it out because yr afraid of hurting the other person..because you'll only end up hurting them more than ever when you finally have to do it..

have I missed any?

The "one partner having crap taste in music one is interesting". I know i personally wouldn't be able to go out with someone who was afflicted by this condition (for starters what would you go to if ye couldn't go to gigs, or films about music?) Thats only cause i like music tho. Other folk like shopping for curtains, or football, or taxidermy.

Like, i met this guy last week whose partner isn't into music at all but he's music mad (and a talented musician) and i was wondering how that works? Maybe its an English thing tho (thats where he's from) - the ability to compartmentalise?? I presume most people on here would/could be friends with people via music?

i once went out with someone who was mad into george michael and will smith..and he'd listen to 'willenium' and replace his name 'phil' everytime will said 'will'..we lasted about a month..

now although me and my boy have differing tastes sometimes i like the fact that he digs different stuff than me but that he's still passionate about it...i could never ever go out with someone who says they're not into music..like how is that even possible?

The "one partner having crap taste in music one is interesting". I know i personally wouldn't be able to go out with someone who was afflicted by this condition (for starters what would you go to if ye couldn't go to gigs, or films about music?) Thats only cause i like music tho. Other folk like shopping for curtains, or football, or taxidermy.

agreed. But it can (and obviously does in a lot of cases) work. I think the key is to focus on whatever common ground there is between you and to respect (including keeping your distance from) those interests the other person has that you have no interest in.

The worst thing someone can do (and I've been on the recieving end) is to slag someone off. I remember this one 'lady' I was seeing a while back, a work collegue (oh - thats another rule, but I'll get back to that). I rambled into town and came back with a copy of the Beta Band's greatest hits (I got it mostly for the live CD that came with it but thats besides the point). She enquired as to what I'd bought. I told her and she demanded a listen. I put on 'Dry the Rain' as I figured there was an off-chance she'd heard it. She hadn't and told me it was the biggest pile of shite she'd heard (pretty much in those exact words). I was livid. Not that she didn't like it. More because of her attitude towards something she knew I'd liked. About a week later, that was the end of that little 'fling'. She was a snow patrol fan. I don't know how I lasted as long as I did!!

don't shit on your own doorstep.

interpret that any way you want. One interpretation is not to fraternise with work collegues unless both of you are very drunk and have that to blame it on.

as I don't get very drunk, or even a little bit drunk, these days, that means never go near anyone you work with......ever

I thought you were leaving

For a relationship to survive
you must treat it as the No. 1 thing in your life

And keep your heart hopeful...

and not cheat!

beware the staring into real estate shop windows

He talks about love but doesn't read his PMs

you'll only end up hurting them more than ever when you finally have to do it

Fuck Love.

Don't go back to an ex. It won't work out.

now although me and my boy have differing tastes
sometimes i like the fact that he digs different stuff than me

This is great. Anyone got a spare tune we can put this to? All we need is a chorus now and we have a hit on our hands

The worst thing someone can do (and I've been on the recieving end) is to slag someone off. I remember this one 'lady' I was seeing a while back, a work collegue (oh - thats another rule, but I'll get back to that). I rambled into town and came back with a copy of the Beta Band's greatest hits (I got it mostly for the live CD that came with it but thats besides the point). She enquired as to what I'd bought. I told her and she demanded a listen. I put on 'Dry the Rain' as I figured there was an off-chance she'd heard it. She hadn't and told me it was the biggest pile of shite she'd heard (pretty much in those exact words). I was livid. Not that she didn't like it. More because of her attitude towards something she knew I'd liked. About a week later, that was the end of that little 'fling'. She was a snow patrol fan. I don't know how I lasted as long as I did!!

It's one thing disliking the music your partner likes but it's considerably worse when you meet people who only like the music their other half likes and completely change when they get a new boy/girlfriend.

It's one thing disliking the music your partner likes but it's considerably worse when you meet people who only like the music their other half likes and completely change when they get a new boy/girlfriend.

ahh that wrecks my head!!!and not just with music..but anyone who just takes on every interest of thier other half and seems to forget that they had a brain before they met them...eeek...

Quote:
I thought you were leaving
Quote:
For a relationship to survive
you must treat it as the No. 1 thing in your life
Quote:
And keep your heart hopeful...
Quote:
and not cheat!
Quote:
beware the staring into real estate shop windows
Quote:
He talks about love but doesn't read his PMs
Quote:
you'll only end up hurting them more than ever when you finally have to do it
Quote:
Fuck Love.
Quote:
Don't go back to an ex. It won't work out.
Quote:
now although me and my boy have differing tastes
sometimes i like the fact that he digs different stuff than me This is great. Anyone got a spare tune we can put this to? All we need is a chorus now and we have a hit on our hands

Great idea. Maybe everyone could sing a line? Like that charity version of perfect day.

ahh that wrecks my head!!!and not just with music..but anyone who just takes on every interest of thier other half and seems to forget that they had a brain before they met them...eeek...

so which is worse??? being the host personality and knowing it, and still bangin on, or being the witless leech and not knowing it...ever..

I hate people who go out with someone who doesn't like you and they're not allowed hang around with you anymore.

And people who start going out with someone and then can't be arsed being your mate anymore because they don't need you.

And the other people who undergo a personality transplant as soon as they go with someone and won't hang out with because your not a yuppie wanker that's into interior design and SUVs.

I'm very bitter in case you haven't noticed.

so which is worse??? being the host personality and knowing it, and still bangin on, or being the witless leech and not knowing it...ever..

jeez im not sure..i would imagine they are both equally shitty positions to be in..nor can i see how anyone could actively enjoy bein part of any relationship where this is the case..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back