the RTE thread (2 Viewers)

For meself here with my half baked environmental concerns, things like thousands of euros on flip flops which are probably made in china and used once or less being an expense of public service broadcast that more than one person deemed legit is disgusting.

Landfill just to poke very temporary approval out of sycophants.

The amount of antibodies that come out in Irish culture when you put out positivity are always interesting to see

It burns us a little, I think
Does this go back to the "free things from work" argument. Enforced fun is not fun. Jedwards positivity feels like inflicted happiness. I'm sure they mean well.

Does this go back to the "free things from work" argument. Enforced fun is not fun. Jedwards positivity feels like inflicted happiness. I'm sure they mean well.
More the Happy Pear guys, who I barely know, but they seem to be honestly on their vibe
and a good number of people seem to hate them for it

like we need our optimism leavened with a good dollop of cynicism
we can't take it straight. Or a good number of us can't.

like we've been fooled before or we don't want to sound like California saps or whatever
just a theory

I think we broadly agree. Cynicism is funnier anyway, and better for team building, to a point.

More the Happy Pear guys, who I barely know, but they seem to be honestly on their vibe
and a good number of people seem to hate them for it

like we need our optimism leavened with a good dollop of cynicism
we can't take it straight. Or a good number of us can't.

like we've been fooled before or we don't want to sound like California saps or whatever
just a theory
Someone we both know (from out their direction) has some issues with them and I don’t think she was in the wrong. Basically they’re a brand, so I’d take it all with a pinch of salt.

I think to appease the public outrage over mis spending in public service broadcast everyone should have to choose which set of cocainey twins come into their bedroom at 6am for the rest of their life

No mate, they're eh... puppets.

I thought it best to just let you know. Sorry.

Jedward are actual humans if that makes you feel better, I don't know the other twins are.

Someone we both know (from out their direction) has some issues with them and I don’t think she was in the wrong. Basically they’re a brand, so I’d take it all with a pinch of salt.

I'm/my family are from the very heart of Greystones. This is it for the most part. They're not in charge of the brand either.

are ya? I always thought you were from Donegal.

I lived in Letterkenny from 2-18 so you are also correct. I sorta claim dual citizenship but obviously my accent is very Donegal for the most part.

My parents did the moving to the sticks thing before it was cool. 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back