the RTE thread (1 Viewer)

Those RTE contracts are written in stone.

You could almost hear Cathal MacCoille putting his jacket on this morning at the end of the bargain bin Morning Ireland they put out on these holidays.

Poor Pat Kenny was dragged into Newstalk to do his usual show, you could tell he was missing the RTE days.

You should consider just how many people are willing to do an interview on a bank holiday monday morning.

Get on the phone to the rest of the world, there's an ongoing migrant crisis, earthquake in Afghanistan, Russia blowing up ISIS and anyone else Bashar doesn't like, plus much more.

In fairness, Dave Fanning (subbing for Ryan Tubridy) had a voice coach on, he was quite interesting.

I just switched off whatever godawful bollocks they had on instead of Drivetime
Some truly atrocious Jackie Wilson cover

The Dodgy version of Higher and Higher? :p

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Got to hand it to Mark Little
You'd think someone would be happy with the anchor desk on Prime Time in their 30s
Fuck that. Not our Mark.
Went off and became an internet millionaire and is now nabbed by Twitter to be a VP.

And of course the wife is brilliant in her own right.

Decent sort, Mr. Little.

You'd think someone would be happy with the anchor desk on Prime Time in their 30s
Fuck that. Not our Mark.
Went off and became an internet millionaire and is now nabbed by Twitter to be a VP.

Decent sort, Mr. Little.

Fair fucks to him. Seems to be a decent sort alright, its too easy to hate these chronic overachievers but you can't begrudge the man. (I will say that his book 'Turn left at Greenland' was a bit of a struggle to engage with).

Fuck that. Not our Mark.

Decent sort, Mr. Little.

On the other hand he did describe twitter as his passion.

I don't get this, can our legal expert on these issues @ann post explain to me why he was required to be fair and impartial on an issue that has not currently being put to a referendum (at an announced date)? I'm sure it makes sense but I am an idiot.

He's required to be impartial at all times, not just when the issue at hand is to be voted on. Presumably its to stop any broadcaster turning their show into a party political broadcast. The PDF in the link below makes reference to the Constitution and the ECHR which seems to me to be overegging the pudding.

http://www.bai.ie/index.php/code-of...and-impartiality-in-news-and-current-affairs/

I can understand the thinking behind it but it's a nonsensical rule.

A: all bai decisions are essentially based on the constitution, in fact the whole code is an interpretation of the constitution

B: I need to check/research both the above, I have theories

C: I'm 48 hours off my Xmas holidays with a lot to do

What do you make of the blog link above?

I guess it depends how strictly you want to interpret the rules, Kenny obviously takes a harder line on it than the blog poster would and the BAI seem too to take that hard line. I personally wouldn't agree with that strict interpretation of it but if the 'law' allows for it then it can be, and obviously is, taken. I remember it being brought into effect and the only person I heard giving out about it was Marc Coleman, formerly of Newstalk, I can't remember it getting much attention elsewhere (which isn't to say it didn't).

On the 'who rules the internet' point, both Rabbitte and Higgins of Labour have forwarded bills to combat 'cyberbullying', both bills seem to go way too far in what they're looking to achieve, Rabbitte's allows for the confistication of equipment while Higgins' seeks to outlaw things that "intentionally or recklessly causes alarm, distress or harm to the other…". Heavens only knows how that will be judged.
If the BAI is allowed be the adjudicator of such matters we could be in serious trouble given their seemingly hardline approach to broadcasting.

zayn-malik.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back