The People's Car (1 Viewer)

The engine is only 624cc - smaller than the engine of a lot of motorbikes. And it is likely that it won't cause much more in the way of pollution compared to, say, a 15-20 year-old Honda 50 that hasn't been serviced in about 10 years.

true.
like that in Cairo. id say 95% of the vehicles were all pre 1981.
they all ran on leaded petrol and the air was so filthy you could barely see the outline of a building one hundred yards down the road. ugh

Probably bigger than the motorbikes they currently use.

A small percentage increase in road users in a country with a population over a billion is going to have a whole lot more of an effect than any amount of old Hondas floating about over here.

I don't think you understood the point I was trying to make. Did you read the article. The idea is to get people driving their family around in a modern, efficient, relatively safe small car - instead of a family of four on the back of an old motorbike or scooter (hence the honda 50 reference) that is pumping out plumes of black smoke.

true.
like that in Cairo. id say 95% of the vehicles were all pre 1981.
they all ran on leaded petrol and the air was so filthy you could barely see the outline of a building one hundred yards down the road. ugh

See, Ernesto got it.

The engine is only 624cc - smaller than the engine of a lot of motorbikes. And it is likely that it won't cause much more in the way of pollution compared to, say, a 15-20 year-old Honda 50 that hasn't been serviced in about 10 years.
engine size is a secondary factor when it comes to efficiency; weight is the biggie.
though you're right about the non CO2 emissions, assuming these have catalytic converters.

I don't think you understood the point I was trying to make. Did you read the article. The idea is to get people driving their family around in a modern, efficient, relatively safe small car - instead of a family of four on the back of an old motorbike or scooter (hence the honda 50 reference) that is pumping out plumes of black smoke.

Brain is on holidays today, was thinking of Honda Civics.

Thailand's contrasting mix of big pickups and motorbikes with at least 2 people on them leads to a huge number of deaths every year. My brother sees at least one accident a day on his way to work, and over half of them involve at least one death. There is probably a similar situation in India.

Actually no not really. Most people in India cant afford moterbikes or anything like that so the biggest killers are public transport crashes.

deadly. reckon everyone living in within dublin city limits who who isnt a tradesman, or hasnt a family of 12 should be made trade in their monster trucks for one of these.

This being Ireland there'd probably be a €30,000 import tax on them

This being Ireland there'd probably be a €30,000 import tax on them

well VRT would be about €500, VAT is about €350.

Whereas the VRT on a Mercedes Benz 350SL is
€47,500, VAT at about €27,500.

So, I wouldn't worry too much about them coming over here. If everyone drove these cars, how would the govt have the finances to sustain our wonderful transport network??

Side note: VRT is charged after VAT, which makes it a double tax. They are literally taxing your tax. I think it's funny that no one gives a shit about that.

well VRT would be about €500, VAT is about €350.

Whereas the VRT on a Mercedes Benz 350SL is
€47,500, VAT at about €27,500.

So, I wouldn't worry too much about them coming over here. If everyone drove these cars, how would the govt have the finances to sustain our wonderful transport network??

Side note: VRT is charged after VAT, which makes it a double tax. They are literally taxing your tax. I think it's funny that no one gives a shit about that.

It also means that the price of expensive big engined cars is 55% to 60% tax altogether. It's even funnier that rich people with small penises don't give a shit about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back