The OA (1 Viewer)

I know nothing about it (yet) but I've heard it being spoken about in the same breath as Stranger Things. Not the case?

I know nothing about it (yet) but I've heard it being spoken about in the same breath as Stranger Things. Not the case?
Only in the sense that they're both sci-fi mysteries on Netflix. The OA is much slower and darker. It's much more serious but at the same time totally ridiculous. You have to admire its ambition no matter how silly it gets.

Liked the first episode and am now on number 5. Now in the "eh, not so sure about this now" camp. Hoping for a radical change of tone (again).

Just finished it. I'm mostly leaning towards the "ridiculous" option. Oh, and I was pretty sure your three word spoiler was going to be

Jorge Luis Borges

Wrong again though...

Just finished it. I'm mostly leaning towards the "ridiculous" option. Oh, and I was pretty sure your three word spoiler was going to be

Jorge Luis Borges

Wrong again though...
Yeah I think it's ridiculous but there's enough batshit crazy to keep entice me back for a second season. The blonde haired bully boy is Irish. You wouldn't know it

Yeah I think it's ridiculous but there's enough batshit crazy to keep entice me back for a second season. The blonde haired bully boy is Irish. You wouldn't know it

he's a ringer for this lad

Breakfastclubhall.jpg

One of the reasons I enjoyed Black Mirror so much was the anthology format. I'm getting a bit pissed off that every TV series seems to be merely setting itself up for the next one rather than being a self-contained thing. I'd probably watch another OA but would prefer if that was that if you know what I mean. Netflix shows in general are well made and pass the time but I'm struggling to think of one that's really great. Is there?

And I'm not counting Black Mirror as this just ended up on Netflix rather than originating there.

I think the anthology format is a cop out. Can't think of many things more enjoyable than a long running television series that has a story arc that spans several seasons. how much more enjoyable would True Detective have been if they'd taken their time and played out the story over 3 or 4 seasons instead of arseing up a good complex murder mystery by trying to cram it all into 8 episodes?

I hear you but gotta disagree. That's what I liked about TD. Wrap it up in 8 episodes. Done, dusted. I think if they had dragged that over several seasons it would have become totally tedious.

Though I do agree that something that works over several seasons is brilliant e.g. Sopranos, Wire etc etc. It's just that this has become the default format now and there are very few things that merit this. or a least a very specific type of thing .. usually very character driven.

One of the reasons I enjoyed Black Mirror so much was the anthology format. I'm getting a bit pissed off that every TV series seems to be merely setting itself up for the next one rather than being a self-contained thing. I'd probably watch another OA but would prefer if that was that if you know what I mean. Netflix shows in general are well made and pass the time but I'm struggling to think of one that's really great. Is there?

And I'm not counting Black Mirror as this just ended up on Netflix rather than originating there.

probably just Stranger Things.

Put it this way: they are usually good enough to keep watching to the end but never good enough that you are not looking forward to finishing it so you can start on something else which just might be better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back