The Mooncup Thread... (1 Viewer)

Yeah got me one as a present there on friday and came in handy cause I was on the blob. Was slightly weirded out at the start by the pully thing. Was asking michelle great questions which im not going to put here.

Got it in handy enough. Taking it out though was a bit odd cause I decided to just yank and I felt pain.

Found it good though that it doesnt leak at night which is deadly, cause I never seem to be at my own house when on the blob.

Been using one for about 6 months now. Find it great. Next to no leakage and a panty liner takes care of that worry. There is no way I'd go back to using tampons and/or pads. It feels a lot 'cleaner' too - as well as being more environmentally friendly.

the best thing ever is to cut off the stem. then there's no temptation to just yank it out! you just pinch the bottom and wait till you hear a little noise (!!) - the air coming out, the seal is broken! then kind of squeeze it to get it out. takes a lot of practice! only had it two months now but I'm a total convert, have used nothing but it this month. it's amazing at night. honestly not waking up feeling absolutely gross is just the best feeling ever. you wouldn't want to be squeamish about blood or anything, but you get over that quickly enough. but it;s not for everyone. it's like contraception or something - each to their own! there's no 'right' or wrong thing.
yeah Squiggle it feels so much cleaner. it feels like you're not on your period at all, it's fab.

see here's the thing - if you cut off the stem how do you retrieve it? i mean it's high up, right?

the beauty of tampons is the string and no fingers having to probe for cups in hidden places, gnome sane?

eh i just saw the pic of it.it looks big enough. does it all go in?? do you get a few in a box or whats the story?

how did they cope in the past? like in the 20s or 30s? or before that.
Wasnt there a time when women had to lock themselves away?

see here's the thing - if you cut off the stem how do you retrieve it? i mean it's high up, right?

the beauty of tampons is the string and no fingers having to probe for cups in hidden places, gnome sane?

nope, it sits down low, near the entrance, but so you can't feel it. and if you haven't had kids, there's not that much room for it to go any higher! you just, er, reach in and the pinch the end! if it does travel up far, just bear down and it comes down.

eh i just saw the pic of it.it looks big enough. does it all go in?? do you get a few in a box or whats the story?

how did they cope in the past? like in the 20s or 30s? or before that.
Wasnt there a time when women had to lock themselves away?

you punch down one side and fold it to insert it, then it unfolds inside...god it sounds completely mental...I remember being in college and seeing mooncup stickers on toilet doors and thinking 'what in the name of...?!' and putting it in the same category as shepees and stuff. But when you bite the bullet and buy one, it just seems so normal. There's a huge learning curve. And there are drawbacks. For me though - and not for all people - the benefits far outweigh the cons. There's women on here who've been using them for years!

whathappen? - (got your text by the way!!! go julian's hair!!) you get one, you sterilise once before you use it and then wash it everyday!

it's like contraception or something - each to their own! there's no 'right' or wrong thing.
yeah Squiggle it feels so much cleaner. it feels like you're not on your period at all, it's fab.

hahahahah when you mention contraception there, my boyfriend thought it was some sort of female contraception.
Michelle did he called it a "mickey hat" or what again?

Its amazingly so much cleaner, much much nicer. You even forget your wearing it!

lmao! god - i'm quite contrary, i'd happily shove a plastic cup up my lady garden but get a brazilian? no way! would love to but i would be too morto! what you planning on getting up to in Camden then young lady? ;)
(julian's side crease - it gets more extreme by the day!!)

yep for sure for sure. lol thats the only place i like to see a side crease;)

my friend gave me the names of a few pubs to try out.I am getting excited now but am freakin out about what to pack.i feel the pressure to look cool is on .|..| and i am falling waaaaaay short of the mark.

waxing is grand . it only takes about 15 minutes.

to repeat what i said on here before regarding the mooncup, it has many advantages in that it is economical, enviromentally friendlier, reusable and can be healthier in regard to sensitivity and self-lubrication. many (but not all) also find it more comfortable. the only disavantages i can think of are for the very squeamish, but really what may be considered "messy" is absolutely nothing to be disgusted or ashamed by (rather the opposite i would say! :) ).

ah seriously now girl, you always look cool, you have a really unique sense of style - you'll fit in perfectly in London! :)
Hmm...just the thought of getting waxed by a stranger...freaks me out! I'll get over it at some stage I'm sure!
Brian, yeah what some might think is 'weird' is actually cool to lots of people - with the mooncup you get quite friendly with your own blood, but it's cool.

Brian, yeah what some might think is 'weird' is actually cool to lots of people - with the mooncup you get quite friendly with your own blood, but it's cool.

yes, its a remarkable issue, and one which i find personally fascinating. shuttle and redgrove in their wonderful study "the wise wound: menstruation and everywoman" (which is the essential volume on the topic in my opinion) posited the possibility that anxieties about "dirtyness" and the misconceptions and misunderstanding of this topic as propigated in western society lead to greater negative menstrual and pre-menstrual syndomes in women. its amazing to contrast the old advertisments that used to exist for sanitary products - which seemed fixated on notions of "wrongness" and "filth" - with certain aspects of, say, hindu and buddhist belief which consider menstrual blood to be one of the most sacred things on earth, and that during the menstrual period the woman's body partakes of the infinite and the divine. mythologically, christ spilled his blood so we all may live: big fucking deal, every woman has this aspect of divinity through biology. it's an idea that i find endlessly beautiful.

it doesn't really matter what sort of protection you use though, most women are pretty conversant with their menstrual blood I would have thought - and I don't know anyone who's disgusted by it. It's just life, happens once a month, no big deal. In anyways I keep forgetting to get me a mooncup. Payday approaches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back