The mexican food thread! (1 Viewer)

me me me me me me memememememememeememememe

I ad:heart:re Mexican food. Make it quite a bit.

The one thing I have not yet made, yet I crumble at the thought of it, is whole jalepenos stuffed with cream cheese, breaded and fried. swoon. swoon swoon swoon.

Can a woman buy whole jalepenos in this town?

Hat dance anybody? De de de de de deeeeeeee de dedede de de deeeeeee

(in the absence of Zeelanders amazing sombreroed tequila drinking dog)
sombrero.jpg

i love mehican food but can only make it with my trusty old el paso amigos..if anyone would like to tell me how to make yummy fajitas without it i would be very grateful..id love to be able to make that spicy coating...drool...

mexican food is great! tomatos, chilli, lime etc. all my fave stuff...

made guacamole once with pretty respectable results. and refried beans with less success...

I'd love to make my own tortilla chips sometime. I was in a bar type establishment in juarez (over the border from el paso) for a few hours, and the woman behind the counter was making fresh ones and throwing out a basket to us every couple of minutes. really really really really nice. anyone ever try to make them?

Muffint Hint: when I wish I could make crap like some company does, I look at the ingredients on the packet and give it a shot myself at home. The first ingredient is the biggest and the last the smallest. That's how I've learned to cook loads of shit. Means you can leave out all the nasty chemicals seeing as you won't be wanting to preserve it til the next century!

Wormo said:
Muffint Hint: when I wish I could make crap like some company does, I look at the ingredients on the packet and give it a shot myself at home.

good woman yrself aoife!!i shall give this a try at the weekend..tis pay day tomorrow so we shall be eating extravegantly this weekend!!hooray..

please note:i will be looking for recipes on how to eat for 2 for 50c a day in about 3 weeks time!!

ok. black beans, make sure they are not the chinese ones, totally different to mexican black beans, get these in Down to earth, you need tosoak them over night, maybe you can buy cans of them in Ireland now, dont know, try epicurean food hall, the cans are handier.
Enchilaadas

Ok , get ur beans cooked off, mix with onion, cumin, cilantro, chilli flakes, whatever else like salt if ya want, mix in chopped tomato, put in tomato puree with loads more cumin and chili,small bit of beer, good strond tastin beer, mix with creme fraiche (or sour cream if you prefer a real lardarse) mix with mexican cheese and monterey jack, put mix in large tortillas, make into burrito shapes, envelopes, then put in pyrex dish, cover with more cheese and more creme fraiche, cook for 30-40 at 180c.

serve with homemade guacamole. right on dude!

Every Mexican restaurant in Dublin is bad Mexican food.

I'd love to be corrected on this ...

hugh said:
Every Mexican restaurant in Dublin is bad Mexican food.

I'd love to be corrected on this ...

Nah - you're right.
Acapulco was alright for a few months when it first opened but went down the tubes soon after - still not proper Mexican though.
Poco Loco has always been terrible :(

It's a golden opportunity for someone ... come on you food entrepreneurs ...

And I meant to say: yay for the food board! Just noticed it!

hugh said:
It's a golden opportunity for someone ... come on you food entrepreneurs ...

And I meant to say: yay for the food board! Just noticed it!

sum1 have a dinner party and charge at the door! I might just do that, it would be like the people who were sellin their chips out of their house's front doors at Feile in Thurles

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back