the melvins perform houdini in dublin (sat oct 1) (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter u:m
  • Start date
  • Replies 95
  • Views 7K
  • Watchers 4
Re: The coming of Jello

Obviously you'll be going because Melvins are playing. Jello will not be with them. But you'd be going if that was the case too,right?

no biafra this time, melvins on their own playing there houdini album

U:MACK
Present
MELVINS
Performing Houdini
SATURDAY OCT 1
THE VILLAGE. DOORS 8.30
TICKETS €20 FROM ROAD, SOUND CELLAR, RED INK BOOKS, CITY DICSCS & WAV BOX OFFICE
1890 2000 78.
ONLINE AT www.tickets.ie
NO GUEST LIST
www.umack.com

UPCOMING UMACK SHOWS:
IMMORTAL LEE COUNTY KILLERS. FRI SEPT 9
MUDHONEY. THE VILLAGE. THURS SEPT 15
JON SPENCER BLUES EXPLOSION. THURS SEPT 22
THE MELVINS. THE VILLAGE. SAT OCT 1.

We're delighted to announce that rock gods the Melvins are coming to Dublin to play a special warm up show for their appearance at All Tomorrow's Parties " Don't look back" classic album festival in London. The band will be playing their 1993 album "Houdini", in its entirety. Its going to be the gig of the year.

MELVINS
The Melvins formed in Aberdeen/Montesano, WA in 1984 the founding members were Buzz, Mike Dillard (drums), and Mudhoney bassist Matt Lukin. Buzz, Mike, and Matt all went to high school in Montesano. When Mike couldn't cut it, as rumor has it because the songs were getting too mathematically complex, Dale was recruited out of the Iron Maiden cover band he played in at the age of 15. Matt was replaced by Lorax (Shirley Temple's daughter) when they left Aberdeen for San Francisco. The name Melvins came from a grocery clerk at the Thriftway in Montesano where King Buzzo served as clerk and vandal. Dale filled in for Nirvana when they were between drummers and he appears on Incesticide and Bleach as a result of those sessions. Buzz has a side project called Fantomas with Mike Patton (Faith No More/Mr. Bungle) who is also owner of Ipecac Recordings the label the melvins are currently releasing material through.

Dang! It's been 20 years since these Melvins started and they still have yet to find the common decency to die or break up. The core-band of King Buzzo and Dale Crover remains intact and they've still got a bass player.

Don't try to twist around or screw this up, it's a lot easier to just surrender and let the good times roll. After all, the Japanese and the Germans surrendered and look at them now. One things for sure don't listen to anyone about anything.

A lot of things haven't changed.
The masses and the media still don't know shit.
When some son of a bitch sells you something you still expect the goddamn thing to work.
The Melvins and Ipecac still know what they are doing despite wishy washy idiots who insist on trying to do the driving.

out of interest, does that mean you won't go if biafra is playing, or won't go if its melvins on their own?

rose of jericho said:
I read somewhere that The Melvins are playing does anyone now if Jello Biafra is playing with them? This is an important question as it will determine whether I go or not.

u:m said:
out of interest, does that mean you won't go if biafra is playing, or won't go if its melvins on their own?

I'd be way more excited about seeing Melvins without Biafra but would go to either. As it happens I probably won't be able to go on Oct 1st anyway ..... sigh.

I know a bunch of people who seen the Melvins and Jello play and were really dissapointed, said it was really not all that good. So I for one am glad they are playing as just the Melvins..and also with Trevor Dunn on bass which should be interesting.

Ciaran Mackle said:
No way. No no no!

Stag is the best

You are a crazy man

'Stoner witch' is a runner-up to Houdini. 'Stag' doesn't feature.
Are there anymore albums on Atlantic?

chickenham said:
You are a crazy man

'Stoner witch' is a runner-up to Houdini. 'Stag' doesn't feature.
Are there anymore albums on Atlantic?

I much prefer Stoner Witch to houdini and would place stag above houdini also in the atlantic album stakes, wont stop me going though .|..|

error type 11 said:
I much prefer Stoner Witch to houdini and would place stag above houdini also in the atlantic album stakes, wont stop me going though .|..|

Someone with sense.

God I really hope I can make this. Would the Village be hard to get into or do they ID everyone?

Do you look young Mackle? If you don't look ridiculously young and you buy a ticket beforehand you'll probably be safe enough.
Oh and I think Stag kind of sucks compared to anything else I know by them, and i know a whopping 4 Melvins albums.

Queen Buzzo said:
Do you look young Mackle? If you don't look ridiculously young and you buy a ticket beforehand you'll probably be safe enough.
Oh and I think Stag kind of sucks compared to anything else I know by them, and i know a whopping 4 Melvins albums.

I look young enough I think but I probaly could get away with it. If I walk in with a few others who are older I am sure I'll be fine.

Have to sort a gaff to crash at first before I make plans but shouldnt be too much trouble really!

Listening to Hostile Ambient Takeover. What a deadly fucking album!

The best thing about slayer was when those dudes were knocking shots into them and highfiving and yelling and banging chests at the bar.Me and Sloaner go outside and there all puking against the wall.Classic.
MONDOBRUTALE said:
this is reminding me of the sad looking kids standing outside of slayer with their useless tickets

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back