The Kfc Chicken thingy (1 Viewer)

Aw man, I was gonna have Chicken Caesar Salad for lunch. Turned me right off. i'll have to have some veal instead, that's animal friendly, right?

Dutchy said:
ive heard KFC use genetically modified chickens with no beaks, feathers or feet, anyone know if this is true?
No. This rumour sprung up when 'Kentucky Fried Chicken' changed their name to KFC and tin-foil-hatters suggested this was because they couldn't use the word chicken anymore because they weren't using real chicken anymore etc. They changed the name because they wanted to 'refresh' the brand to coincide with the growth in health concious consumers. They felt people wouldn't be drawn to the Fried aspect of their product and they wanted to diversify into other foods etc. I think KFC now stands for Kitchen Fresh Chicken (not sure about this)

It is another example of corporate fucks using branding tools to deflect attention from what they are really responsible for and what they actually stand for.

same as BP becomming 'Beyond Petroleum'

Same as Unilever designing this new 'natural' logo
logo4.gif

I could go on

Surely thats not a very economical way of slaughtering chickens, i'm not trying to be funny. Never ate there, but eh, you couldn't really get good a breast from a chicken thats been stomped on (and im sure you don't). Pretty horrible.
On the music note, 6 months after i found out it was marlena shaw et al on th eother adds i heard some muppet on day time radio going "WOW what a song", like he'd just found the freshest new music ever. muppet. The big boys in the canteen must have let him play a non chart tune.

if a chicken had no feet, where would the drumsticks come from?

nobody knows what the gene for a chicken's feet is, hello-o!

don't you think they'd be adding extra feet and get more meat out of the chicken?
use yer noggins, people

Bag'o'cans said:
Surely thats not a very economical way of slaughtering chickens, i'm not trying to be funny. Never ate there, but eh, you couldn't really get good a breast from a chicken thats been stomped on (and im sure you don't). Pretty horrible.

Have you seen Baraka? There's some pretty economical chicken handling to be seen in it...

i heard that in some KFC factories they actuall kill the chickens and then cut them up and then - get this - people eat them??!??!

can't be true, can it?

:( :( :( :( :( :(

this made me feel really ill, like the video of the russian guy getting his head kicked in. what gets me is the people. i can't understand those people. this is a kfc farm or something, right? i indulge in kfc every now and again... but farmers do this all the time, they just normally do it with an ax. that there bashing them off walls is particularly brutal and not nice to look at. and now if i think about ffc, i'll get this image. which is a good thing i guess.

hag said:
and now if i think about ffc, i'll get this image. which is a good thing i guess.
I lived with a guy when I was in college a few years back who worked in an abattoir. His job was to wash the floors i.e. sweep the blood into the drains with all the corpses around him and all. He had some fucked stories about the people working there and what they did for 'fun'.

His experience didn't stop him eating meat, though.

broken arm said:
I lived with a guy when I was in college a few years back who worked in an abattoir. His job was to wash the floors i.e. sweep the blood into the drains with all the corpses around him and all. He had some fucked stories about the people working there and what they did for 'fun'.

His experience didn't stop him eating meat, though.
i didn't say i wouldn't eat meat. but i imagine if i went to the farms where the meat i do eat is killed, and saw it being killed, i would probably stop eating meat. i was veggie for 3 years back in my hippie college days. i 'lust' after fish, i have never 'lusted' after meat though... i bet with a bit of effort, i could cut it out altogether. but i'm always going to get drunk at the weekends and then my burger lust will start all over again... oh shit.

you know what's great? a big steak, that's what!

all the poor footless kentucky chickens should be given steak to make up for their miserable lives and their broad southern US accents

hag said:
i didn't say i wouldn't eat meat.
I wasn't suggesting you shouldn't. I just respected his slaughterhouse-hardened diet.

I also know someone that worked in a sliced-ham packing factory. his job was to inject chemical filled water into massive lumps of 'meat'.

He wouldn't eat any packed and processed meats, though.

hag said:
i didn't say i wouldn't eat meat. but i imagine if i went to the farms where the meat i do eat is killed, and saw it being killed, i would probably stop eating meat. i was veggie for 3 years back in my hippie college days. i 'lust' after fish, i have never 'lusted' after meat though... i bet with a bit of effort, i could cut it out altogether. but i'm always going to get drunk at the weekends and then my burger lust will start all over again... oh shit.
I haven't eaten meat in 10 years but I was really tempted by those hot dogs on Camden St. last weekend. At 3am, all food is good food.

A friend of a friend (we all have them) was supposedly a pig masturbator, ie. masturbated pigs in a big piggy factory for artificial insemenation. But i'm sure everyone has wonderous friends of friends stories, and well he wasn't really my friend.

where do kfc get their cheap chicken carcass?
http://observer.guardian.co.uk/foodmonthly/story/0,,662799,00.html
also:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,,864995,00.html

and in case you hadn't goot the message, anyone who likes to chew on carcasses deserves all the poisonous bacteria crap they get :p
so there

also - yes, baraka is good, def worth watching, is available in laser video on georges st. (used to be shown as visuals for dj types in bodkins too)

also - before you ask, yes i know i'm sad for bookmarking the above links

-karl

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back