the IT crowd (1 Viewer)

I loved Richmond anyway, but last week's episode just made my crush even worse!! Sigh.
GBV - savage touch. Roy was wearing a GBV tshirt in one of the episodes in series 1 as well.
I preferred Noel's old make up though.
richmondpose3wr4.jpg

richmondceiling2.jpg

Just started into this.

What's the deal with the canned laughter. Or live Studio Audience. Or whatever.

Not as good as The Wire though.
Sigh. The Wire.

Omar. My replacement Adebisi. Sigh.
omar.jpg

it's filmed in front of a studio audience, I know a few people who were at the filming this year. I think the IT Crowd can be fairly weak in places, but this year it's picked up a lot. Plus it doesn't take a genius to realise I'm a big Noel Fielding fan so any extra Richmond is good by me!
Richard Ayoade though, man, what a legend. Apparently there's more Matt Berry in next week's episode, yay!

What am I missing with this?

It looks incredibly horrible on the ads they have running for it on C4.

I mean I want to give it a chance with Linehan involved and all but all signs point to a squirmfest.

There's definitely funny bits, but you'll find yourself reaching for the remote when you realise they're not worth the wait.

They're all on 4od for free btw.

this, eye emm haytsh oh, is awful. any programme that attempts to tell you when to laugh is off to a bad start in my book, and my book is brilliant.

any programme that attempts to tell you when to laugh is off to a bad start in my book, and my book is brilliant.

Are you referring to the sound of the live audience laughing?
I let that put me off Alan Partridge for years and never gave it the time of day. How wrong I was.

Are you referring to the sound of the live audience laughing?
I let that put me off Alan Partridge for years and never gave it the time of day. How wrong I was.

it's not a live audience laughing, it's canned laughter. if it was a live audience laughing then they'd have to do the whole thing in front of a live audience in one take. just watched a clip there to see if i was wrong, it was the Peter File clip, and it was shite.

it's not a live audience laughing, it's canned laughter. if it was a live audience laughing then they'd have to do the whole thing in front of a live audience in one take. just watched a clip there to see if i was wrong, it was the Peter File clip, and it was shite.

:confused: Multiple camera set ups and different takes.

There was a documentry thing a while ago on Gramham Linehan and it showed then filming infront of a live audience.

There's some studio outtakes here that prove it as well
YouTube - IT Crowd - Series 1 out-takes

:confused: Multiple camera set ups and different takes.

There was a documentry thing a while ago on Gramham Linehan and it showed then filming infront of a live audience.

There's some studio outtakes here that prove it as well
YouTube - IT Crowd - Series 1 out-takes

i'm not saying there isn't an audience there watching it, what i'm saying is that the laughter you hear is often not the laughter that was uttered at that moment in time. ergo, the editors stick in heavier laughter for their 'better' jokes and little murmurs of laughter for the other stuff, get me?

e.g. Father Ted: was there a live studio audience convened outside of Craggy House for the outdoor scenes?

A hoax! This video is no longer available!

Try this one:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
at 1.49 where Noel Fielding addresses the audience.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I remember that their initial thought behind doing the sitcom in this format was that everything else in the genre had gone so "shakey voyeur cam" like the office, and they wanted to do something really traditional, in front of an audience.

i'm not saying there isn't an audience there watching it, what i'm saying is that the laughter you hear is often not the laughter that was uttered at that moment in time. ergo, the editors stick in heavier laughter for their 'better' jokes and little murmurs of laughter for the other stuff, get me?

e.g. Father Ted: was there a live studio audience convened outside of Craggy House for the outdoor scenes?

They show that stuff on monitors to the audience.
In fact (correct me if I'm wrong bandit (Yurn! ?)) Partridge was shot on a mainly walled set where the action in different rooms was shown on monitors.

But, yes, could possibly be augmented laughter, but would seem a bit much effort to go to to overdub the out-takes too.

"Fuckin' Hell!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back