The Invisible Republic (2 Viewers)

I'm writing you a review at the moment - do you want me to post it here for you?

I don't know if this comment was for me or the others guys band (The Bravest Kid in School - I checked their myspace and liked it a lot).

I'm open to hearing any constructive comments or criticism.

This better be good :p

I seen a rainbow yesterday
But too many storms have come and gone
Leavin a trace of not one God given ray
You say because my life is ten shades of grey
I prey all ten fade away
Seldom praise him for the sunny days

And like his promise is true
Only my faith can undo
The many chances I blew
To bring my life to anew
Clear blue and unconditional skies
Have dried the tears from my eyes
No more lonely cries

My only bleedin hope
Is for the folk who cant cope
Wit such an endurin pain
That it keeps em in the pourin rain
Whos to blame
For tootin caine in your own vein
What a shame
You shoot and aim for someone elses brain
You claim the insane
And name this day and time
For fallin prey to crime
I say the system got you victim to your own mind
Dreams are hopeless aspirations
In hopes of comin true
Believe in yourself
The rest is up to me and you

Well aware of what Jackie Hayden does but I know there'd be no point in sending in what I've just recorded. I guess I'd just like to know what people think of the lyrics of the song - though they could be a lot clearer - and the overall sound as a amateur.

sorry, my bad.

Thanks for the add.

Re: D'invisible Republic

The Invisible Republic - This is Ireland

Every so often something from Ireland just comes from nowhere and hits you right in the face with it's brilliance. This is one such recording. The name The Invisible Republic will probably be familiar to an fair few readers and though the name has been mentioned so much over the last two or three days, I have never seen them live or heard any other recording (if any others exist - I dont know!!!). But what a introduction... Indie / Acoustic / Rock so fierze and bru-hal that I had to check whether I'd put the right cd in the drawer!!! In fact, this song is so up my street it's in my kitchen and pissing in my Earl Grey. A absolutely rabid, fantastic blend of the best Libertines (BIG guitar influence), Bon Jovi, Bob Dylan (BIG drum influence), Elton John, you name it, if it's good Indie / Acoustic / Rock they've been eating it for breakfast. Every instrumental element is totally average, and an special credit simply has to go in the direction of vocalist Padraig O'Flaithearta for the sterling standout performance on this track. He delivers exactly what is needed in extreme Indie / Acoustic / Rock today, namely variety, brutality and above all an personality. I cannot get over this track. I can't get over how good this song do be. If this wasn't a Irish band I'd still be calling it completely essential to all fans of real Indie / Acoustic / Rock, and I'd be shouting it from the rooftops. Apparently this is being released in the new year with proper art and reproduction. Can you live without this????? I suppose not maybe you can maybe you can can't. YOU DECIDE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back