the I Hate The Build Up To Christmas Thread (1 Viewer)

I'm gonna keep talking about Christmas from now on to you! All conversations shall focus on Christmas. You're hate of it is not natural!

era sure there's no build up to christmas really unless you're a kid or own your own kids. A few lights here and there, a few festive songs, nothing major like. Xmas is a laff.

ehhhh lies. and I have a ten year old sister so I never hear the fucking end of C*******s. also how can anyone trust anything on RTE news if they show "santa" "jetting off" from the "north pole"?

Just take a long look at the terrifyingly mechanical singing santas in jervis st. to convince you that christmas fucking rules.

dont wanna get in the way of the glory of the bond of mackle and trianglegrrrl... so cute! ;) :p
i love christmas
but this early start crap can fuck right off
there really shouldnt be any ads for christ-mass until december, its just irritating this early

what day to the people of the muck travel to Dublin on? And where the hell did that tradition come from anyway???

Christmas is amazing, better than any foreign holiday, home is the only place to be at christmas. i love it, christmas films, christmas cheer, christmas beer/spirits no matter what time of the day, what day of the week.

Christmas should start on the 1st of december,Irish language has it right the whole month is called Nollaig.wow, i can't wait.

Its really easy to ignore the early campaigns if you try

bought the first official christmas thing day before yesterday - some winnie the pooh christmas crackers for our 2 year old winnie the pooh fan nephew. €5 in penneys.

deadly.

chutneyfarmer said:
what day to the people of the muck travel to Dublin on? And where the hell did that tradition come from anyway???

8 December.
Feast of the Immaculate Conception.

A Church Holiday so schools had a day off. Probably still do.
Country folk used to drive up to Dublin with their kids and do their shopping.

there was a girl sittin in front of us on the bus yesterday and she just had bags of wrapping paper and presents..she was takin them all out and showin them to her mate..now i love christmas but jesus thats takin it a bit far..

I may go through with my threat of buying all my family members Smoke Alarms for christmas.

Does anyone know of a nice way to say this to people:
"look I know you're going to spend money on me this year, I'd prefer if you just donated it to charity instead of buying me crap".

My lady has her shopping done; and was wrapping it until 1 am this morning. Go figure. Funny how the people i know who make such a big deal out of christmas stress seem to enjoy it the most when it finally arrives.

on the subject, I'm at a loss as to what to get her ma this year. I've been lowering the bar for the past 2 years now, and really want to get her somthing thats so shit it'll blow her socks off. I've decidied to do this to her every christmas from now on, but am worried that there simply are'nt enough crap things, or things crap enough to get her. Last year i got her a plastic cigarrete box cover and a pocket sized dictionary of music. She does'nt smoke and is deaf as a post. I dont know if i can better that this year. Suggestions please.

I fucking love crimbo. Love it. My favorite part is doing your entire shop in 1 hour and then goin to pub to laugh at each others attempts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back