The Herring and the Brine (1 Viewer)

snakybus

Website
www.breakingtunes.com
I think I've listened to this album more than most people, having heard it before it was mixed and so forth. But I find for me it tends to take a while for an album to sink in. And I think this is an album whose merits aren't necessarily immediately apparent. But it all came together like continents crashing, just today. That's always gratifying for me as a listener. I think it's the kind of album that gets better the more you listen to it.

And yes, I know it's a bit incestuous to go on the internet and celebrate the music of someone who's a friend and all. But I'm saying this as a fan, not as a friend. It's really, really good, original and moving. Hats off, Ro. And the rest of the guys, whose playing is fantastic.

It's hard to pick out my favourite as they're all quickly becoming my favourite songs, but I think Ox In An Open Door is fantastic, as is Restring the Bow. The Cost of a House, however, is amazing, as is My Prayer For Egret. I wish I could say in what way but it would be better just to let you find that out yourselves.

Buy it.

It's a great album. Been listening to it regularly since the Tower instore and still very much enjoying it. As I mentioned somewhere else Ox in an Open Door is my favourite song from the album but I also love The Drowning Man.

I'm saying this as a fan, not as a friend.

I think this might deserve a thread of it's own but I can never really work that one out. Either it's very hard to listen to your friends' music with unbiased ears or my mates are all seriously talented.

The Herring and the Brine though...

It's fantastic, yesss.

Seeing him at anseo changed my favourites list. Ox in an open door is well up there now.

I think I've listened to this album more than most people, having heard it before it was mixed and so forth. But I find for me it tends to take a while for an album to sink in. And I think this is an album whose merits aren't necessarily immediately apparent. But it all came together like continents crashing, just today. That's always gratifying for me as a listener. I think it's the kind of album that gets better the more you listen to it.

And yes, I know it's a bit incestuous to go on the internet and celebrate the music of someone who's a friend and all. But I'm saying this as a fan, not as a friend. It's really, really good, original and moving. Hats off, Ro. And the rest of the guys, whose playing is fantastic.

It's hard to pick out my favourite as they're all quickly becoming my favourite songs, but I think Ox In An Open Door is fantastic, as is Restring the Bow. The Cost of a House, however, is amazing, as is My Prayer For Egret. I wish I could say in what way but it would be better just to let you find that out yourselves.

Buy it.
How much is he paying you Snaky?

If you don't buy this you're dead to me.
I heard it's being shortlisted for a Choice award.*
Ro, go mainstream leave the underground behind.

* I'm starting this romour as well as making it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back