The handsomest boy in Belfast... (1 Viewer)

Handsome Gaz

Website
Visit site
hiya everyone!

im sorry that this is one of my first posts cos itll come across a bit spammy BUT...

Im looking to break out of the belfast scene a bit (despite the fact that I love it)

What I do is acoustic singer songwritery stuff. Local reviews have recently made comparisons to rivers cuomo, billy corgan and evan dando. Tho id like to throw gary lightbody, mansun, david kitt, juliet turner, the smiths and u2 into the hat as influences.

Any chance anyone cud help me out with some support slots in the dublin (or anyhwere else for that matter) area? Ill do my best to give ya a gig back in Belfast AND put u up in my flat if ya need it.

Also, this isnt directed specifically at other acoustic acts. I regularly open for some of belfasts bigger bands who have included payola, corrigan and dirty stevie and the past few months. All of whom make LOTS of noise.

I make a cheap and easy support slot. Obviously not much of a sound check is required.

Anyone who can help please e-mail me at [email protected].

Thanku very much.

havnt quite worked the pic thing out yet :)

i have one recording made live off a sounddesk. Its a good representation of what I do. I will have a proper demo within a month or two tho.

I play in Belfast all the time. 13 gigs in the past 2 months. This is why im busting to get playing farther a field.

If anyone wants a cd, mail me.

errrr...im confuddled...ronan?

no, i dont charge a rate.

I dont know how these things work in dublin gor example, but in Belfast bands tend to get a cut of the door money. I basically wud expect what any other band gets paid for playing in Dublin.

I ain't dissin no-one. Nothing but love.

Just wondering coz we had support from a great Belfast band called 'Edgeweather' last summer and they legged it before we had finished our set. We had planned to give them some dough. just wondering how it worked.

remember: Love.

Originally posted by Handsome Gaz
errrr...im confuddled...ronan?

no, i dont charge a rate.

I dont know how these things work in dublin gor example, but in Belfast bands tend to get a cut of the door money. I basically wud expect what any other band gets paid for playing in Dublin.

Believe it or not Ronan or WHOEVER this is impersonating Ronan, opening bands normally don't get SHIT here. Its not seen as WORK for some reason.

If you're NOT Ronan, my Private Message to you may have to be revoked. Sorry Love. I'm looking for Ronan from Belfast. Ain't dat you?

Confuddled too,

Norma Rae

Originally posted by Handsome Gaz
nope im not ronan, i never said i was!

err..sorry 2 let u down :)

Ah, I figured it out! I got confused when I read your post on the CODEX TOUR thread. Hmmm....do you know Ronan in Belfast? Isn't he the guy doing the Things stall up there?

Why do I make an ass of myself EVERYtime I post on this thing?

Dunning

ps. If you're cute like Ronan, the April thing still might work. I'm such a pig.

Originally posted by stunning
Why do I make an ass of myself EVERYtime I post on this thing?

Ah i'm sure everyone's used to you by now :p

couldn't resist, sorry

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back