Anywhere we can play in dublin in May? (1 Viewer)

ann post

Supporter
Solutions
Howdy. Some of you might and some of you might not know that i've been working on a record (my 9th) for a very long time (about 4 years). Its finished now and is going off to the printers within the next few days. I'm organizing some local shows in the north west/west to promote it but dublin is a bit of a problem for me. Essentially I live on disability benefit (FYI this is less than the dole) so spending a few hundred euro on a pay-to-play in the capital will wipe me out for a month. I'm wondering if any of you are doing any shows, be they house parties or whatever that we could nab a support slot on just so we can bring the band to the capital without it meaning delaying everything* the band does while I pay for the show.

*we've written another record in the meantime.

How about the room upstairs in Anseo? You have to book it, but they don't charge, they're happy to get the bar. It's a cool little room. Oranges did a residency there in January.
Or you could look at Whelans upstairs? Not sure if they charge you to play though.

How about the room upstairs in Anseo? You have to book it, but they don't charge, they're happy to get the bar. It's a cool little room. Oranges did a residency there in January.
Or you could look at Whelans upstairs? Not sure if they charge you to play though.

I know the room, its nice. I wont rule it out though i do have to consider how much backline fits into a yaris.

How big is the band?
I've played up there with drums, guitars, bass and keyboard line up no problem.

Its an odd one. Due to the confusing nature of my creative exploits we now play in 3, 4, 5 and 6 piece line ups depending on who is available. There are even 3 incarnations of the 3/4 piece band.

What i mean by space is that If i have to bring drums, or a PA to dublin from donegal then my expenses are immediately doubled. It goes from one carload to two, or three for a full stage setup.

Its an odd one. Due to the confusing nature of my creative exploits we now play in 3, 4, 5 and 6 piece line ups depending on who is available. There are even 3 incarnations of the 3/4 piece band.

What i mean by space is that If i have to bring drums, or a PA to dublin from donegal then my expenses are immediately doubled. It goes from one carload to two, or three for a full stage setup.
Holy crap. I can see how a support might pan out better then in that case, unless you know any Dub heads who could loan you backline. I doubt you'd have to bring a PA though, mikes etc would probably be likely alright.

Holy crap. I can see how a support might pan out better then in that case, unless you know any Dub heads who could loan you backline. I doubt you'd have to bring a PA though, mikes etc would probably be likely alright.

I probably do. I'm just hoping to find a scenario where i can put a few people in car and land at a venue and play a few tunes to people without causing a load of hassle for people.

If you want to play my balcony on patricks day let me know. The parade ends just in front of my house so you'll have one hell of a crowd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back