The Great Chipper Scandal (1 Viewer)

KC's have extended their opening hours, open now on Tuesdays and will be opening daily at 5pm, in a few weeks...
Dino's chips I think are nicer than KC's, the staff are narky oul farts though,night staff anyways!
you can take them potato cakes/meat patties home frozen and cook them, great hangover cure..

does anyone else think chips are over rated? i hate it when people want to go for chips after the pub

Chips aren't that great, and I think everyone should admit that. Gimme an onion ring and garlic mushroom combo anyday.

nico beside ballybough?

Better than the fryer tuck, not as good as the new Indian (20% off all take-out orders boys and girls.)

I know the British chippers use lard, it has a distinctive smell.
AFAIK, Irish chippers use peanut oil, but I don't know what type
of spud they use.
They soak the raw chips overnight in salty water, fry them until
they're a bit less opaque and then fry them a second time when
ordered - they're the only tricks I know of.

I'm pretty sure only Burdocks use peanut oil, that's why their chips taste nicer.

Chips aren't that great, and I think everyone should admit that.

know that I is John, if he is to show any consistency at all in his behaviour towards others, will derep you for this straight talking.

I'm pretty sure only Burdocks use peanut oil, that's why their chips taste nicer.

beshoffs used it too. does beshoffs still exist? i liked their chips, i think they did mushy peas too

You can't have meant Burdocks, their chips are awful - mushy things. Tonnes of them, but they're nothing to write home about. Gorgeous fish though.

Good chips should be dry and floury in the middle and crisp on the outside.

Burdocks chips are cooked in animal fat, or used to be. That's what made them so tasty (and mushy I presume).

I'm not a big chip fan. I'd never buy a single.

Four chips would do me, for a sandwich.

I know the British chippers use lard, it has a distinctive smell.
AFAIK, Irish chippers use peanut oil, but I don't know what type
of spud they use.
They soak the raw chips overnight in salty water, fry them until
they're a bit less opaque and then fry them a second time when
ordered - they're the only tricks I know of.

All the chippers I've asked in London bar one use vegetable oil, most of the Dublin ones use lard, including Burdocks. Yes, Beshoff's is the one that uses peanut oil.
Conversation between me and Italian chip shop man in the chipper on Clanbrassil St:

Me: "What do you cook your chips in?"
Him: "What do you mean?"
Me: "What kind of oil do you use to cook your chips?"
Him: "Is fat."
Me: "What kind of fat?"
Him: "Is lard!" (giving me a funny look as if to say "What else would you cook your chips in?")
Me: Sigh.

There are some daycent chip shops in London among all the chicken madness Partners in Stoke Newington and the Crown in Camden come to mind. Both use veg oil.

i had a similar conversation with a chip shop man in a malahide chipper before when i was trying to be a good vegetarian and at least ask what oil they used.
except he wouldn't tell me what oil they used! he thought it was some kind of game. he actually said "i'm not telling you!", quite childish indeed.

boo to macaris.

i had a similar conversation with a chip shop man in a malahide chipper before when i was trying to be a good vegetarian and at least ask what oil they used.
except he wouldn't tell me what oil they used! he thought it was some kind of game. he actually said "i'm not telling you!", quite childish indeed.

boo to macaris.

Ah come on thats like asking Colonel Sanders for his secret recipe!

i think Fusco's beside the Jolly Beggarman in whitehall is by far the worst chipper I've ever been too!

the chipper oposite the comet in santry is the worst chipper in christendom. the staff all look like long term heroin adicts as well.

the dear departed one'n'one on dosrset st was one of my favourites, nice sausage and chips and across to shiels offie for a posh beer. simpler times (ie 12 months ago)

I love a nice Burdocks single with a can a coke sitting on the little wall in Christchurch.Sweet.

Angelo's in Artane is the meanest chipper in Dublin.You get about 4 chips(would probably suit Diddles then)and he's a nosy git.On the upside there doe's be an auld gentleman of foreign origin playing mouthorgan for tips outside.I believe theres a thread about him somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back