the good and the bad (1 Viewer)

the really weird thing about rockafellas (I think they've now changed the name) is that they never ever cleaned the carpet so even if you weren't drunk you got the impression that you were because your movement across said nightclub was so slow due to feet sticking to the gooey mess. Before there was Rockafellas there was Ninja's nightclub in the Springfield hotel buh - and my, that was a barrel of larks and no mistake. It and the County Club in Dunsaughlin (now the 'Vortex') - allegedly 'only 20 minutes from Grafton st'. Yeah, in a fucking stealth bomber, were fave haunts of mine when I was 15. The shame.

Originally posted by sarah
no no no slasher or blazers in longford they leave
ya speechless, literally.

Jesus! Slashers... Rockefellas.

Anyone been to the GlenRoyal in Maynooth... where they take county songs and remix them to sound like The Clancy Brothers singing Haddaway....

Originally posted by kirstie
the really weird thing about rockafellas (I think they've now changed the name) is that they never ever cleaned the carpet so even if you weren't drunk you got the impression that you were because your movement across said nightclub was so slow due to feet sticking to the gooey mess. Before there was Rockafellas there was Ninja's nightclub in the Springfield hotel buh - and my, that was a barrel of larks and no mistake. It and the County Club in Dunsaughlin (now the 'Vortex') - allegedly 'only 20 minutes from Grafton st'. Yeah, in a fucking stealth bomber, were fave haunts of mine when I was 15. The shame.

you're not from leixlip are you Kirstie?
likewise I graduated from the *Springer* onto *Rockies*
which is now the O-Zone ( tho' I've never been to it )

Leixlip scares the shit out of me these days and I rarely return
*sob*

Or then theres the VIP section in Equinox (xanadu's) in sligo where you pay more to get in and the drink is more expensive...so you don't have to be a VIP, just be a dickhead who thinks you're a VIP and is prepared to give up your money to keep the illusion :confused:

Originally posted by rothko
you're not from leixlip are you Kirstie?
likewise I graduated from the *Springer* onto *Rockies*
which is now the O-Zone ( tho' I've never been to it )

Leixlip scares the shit out of me these days and I rarely return
*sob*

Nah, I'm from the other north Kildare suburban shithole - Celbridge
likewise I infreqently return.

my mind has mercifully blotted out the name of the "nite spot" in westport i ended up in one night, which featured the following conversation:

drunk man: will ye dance with me?
my mate: no thanks
dm: why not?
mm: i don't want to
dm: do you have a boyfriend?
mm: yes, up in dublin
dm (incredulous): why are you out then?

also the man who asked the two of us if we would "walk out with him", westport's only old-skool raver who raved to (amongst other things) johnny logan and "put 'em under pressure", the dj who announced the chart positions of every (awful) song played in a very excited voice, the soundsystem that made everything sound like it was being played in a dustbin....

Originally posted by minka
my mind has mercifully blotted out the name of the "nite spot" in westport i ended up in one night,

I think I have been to the self same night spot. On the same godforsaken trip we went to a pub one lunchtime for something to eat. On asking the barman what soup they had, we were told 'well, we have brown soup, and yellow soup, which do you want'

Nah, I'm from the other north Kildare suburban shithole - Celbridge
likewise I infreqently return.

I went to school in salesians
( you didn't know Mark Jordan / Dave Caffrey etc did you? )

long shot...

Originally posted by rothko
I went to school in salesians
( you didn't know Mark Jordan / Dave Caffrey etc did you? )

long shot...

Yup, one of my mates took Mark to our debs, he puked on the hem of my frock.
I had forgotten about David Caffrey's entire existence - didn't he have a brother with a funny name as well? Also apparently Mark is due a childer any day now, or maybe it's arrived.

I had forgotten about David Caffrey's entire existence - didn't he have a brother with a funny name as well? Also apparently Mark is due a childer any day now, or maybe it's arrived.

he's such a slut
my sister took him to her debs too

his kid arrived last month
he's living in germany now...

I know, yeah. Mates of mine are still in touch with his brother
what did he have then??

ah now fair play

I wonder do I know you? Hrm. Mark was a year ahead of me in the school like.

Aight Kirstie, the world is getting far too small when you get mails from people tellin you that you're a subject of discussion on a bb....well to answer the childer due poser, the chisler's been popped, as evident in this pic . Anymore details won't be given out on a feckin bulletinboard. Ahem.
And I don't remember puking on anyone at the Wolstans Debs....I remember everything smelling of puke and being under a table and a piano and kissing someone I shouldn't have.

Hems. Vomitting. There's a mnemonic void there on my behalf I'm afraid.

The oddly named Caffrey brother was called Onnraoi. Curiously enough, I dreamt I met him and Robert Geraghty and Eamon O'Reilly playin basketball last night. The Oddness.
And who's this Rothko chap? Reveal yourself good chap.
Or there'll no beer in Bartleys for you.

.|..| Jordo

Originally posted by Punchbear
Hems. Vomitting. There's a mnemonic void there on my behalf I'm afraid.

It's burned into my brain, on the bus on the way to the - wait for it - springfield. Inannyway it was about 40,000 years ago so I'm sure you're long forgiven.

and heartiest congrats on the chissler by the way

I never quite got why they drove all the way out to Newbridge, to the Kaydeen (or whatever its called) and then fed us and hustled us back onto buses back to Leixlip. All the other debs I'd been to tended to stay pretty much in one venue instead of coaching us back into the welcoming arms of the Hannigan Dynasty.

I presume embeddin swfs in posts are a no-no.

But here goes.

Rutting AT-ATs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back