The Gandhis (1 Viewer)

ernesto

Stank you very much
Supporter
Solutions
Website
strikeaction.bandcamp.com
right, i promised these friends of mine i'd give them a plug here since they're looking for gigs and whatnot.

anyone putting on gigs, these guys will play. hard.

l_ec33c93638ff690b596215d59bf80396.jpg

l_35584133f7bf295917f5966a4c608bfd.jpg

579678336_l.jpg

website here (done by a member of thumped no less)

myspace here

they're excellent live and great fun. not to mention lovely lads.

Biography:

ollowing the demise of Lucan's most loved shit band 'Hoochie Mama and The Emperors of Funk', Cullo and Mac decided to embark on a new musical project. Despite being born eternally afflicted with the hands of Geremy Beadle, Cullo decided to progress from shaking tambourines and singing badly to playing the bass averagely. Mac still refused to actually learn how to play a guitar but somehow mananged to craft a few nice tunes. The two lads combined their forces but the results were pretty shit bar a few nice pop-dittys. Meanwhile Dunboyne's favourite son Deasy had been trailblazing his band 'Urban Funk Explosion' around Dublin with a mixture of brown note jazzy blues and a whiter shade of pale reggae.
Brought together by a shared love of The Coral's first album, Deasy came on board and the 3 lads worked at some songs with pleasing results. It wasnt long before Deasy's loan deal became permanent and so he was transfered accrimoniously amid allegations of illegal approaches, tapping up, poaching and bungs from Urban Funk to the newly formed triumvative 'The Holidays'. Reports suggsest it was for a nominal fee. Despite their new found confidence, there was something lacking, they needed a man born of the sticks and skins. Rumours began to circulate around Lucan of a drummer with fine ability, chiseled abbs and a keener than keen eye for the ladies.
The newly formed triple entente found themselves with an important decision to make. It would break all protocol to recruit a pin-up drummer to a band of self confessed vultures who had made a lifetime of preying on unsuspecting vulnerable women. People on the street said he had been a drifter, a wise guy, a loveable rogue, a man of primal insticts, but above all else he was 'just Bazz'. Arguments raged, chips may have been thrown and then...he was part of the family. In a divine moment of spiritual beauty they changed their name to The Gandhis.
'The Power Of 4' was quickly written and sold to the British and Irish lions tour for a crate of dutchy and some coors light for mac. It was a start. Since these revolutionary times The Gandhis have played numerous gigs in and around Dublin in venues such as Crawdaddy, Whelans, Temple Bar Muic Centre, Pravda, Voodoo lounge, NUI Maynooth etc. supporting acts such as Republic Of Loose, Hermie In Tweed, Crayon Smith, Paddy Casey, Declan O'Rourke, Bakshish, The Levellers, Hugo Race and headlining their own shows aswell as playing Cork, Galway and Limerick amongst others. Recently their video for promotional song 'Guy Like Me' has been regularly aired on Channel 6's Nightshift programme while also recieving playtime on the likes of Phantom FM and Anna Livia FM. The Gandhis are busy finalising songs for their debut e.p. and full length album to follow. Eat it. Mail us at [email protected] or visit www.thegandhismusic.com

i saw them a little while ago. they were pretty good for a type of music i never listen to.

Ah yeah all joking aside they're pretty good. Sound lads too. I got caught in a gay for pay scene with the guitarist once where we'd been told we weren't getting paid. He was sound about it. Took it on the chin.

Ah yeah all joking aside they're pretty good. Sound lads too. I got caught in a gay for pay scene with the guitarist once where we'd been told we weren't getting paid. He was sound about it. Took it on the chin.

Deasy mad into paying for gay.

Deasy mad into paying for gay.
"I REFUSE TO PAY FOR IT!"
is my new saying according to fizz.

you live up the road from the singer dont you morg?
you must be pretty cool so.

anyway, anyone who likes pop-rock but the nice kind like beach boys, check em out. also they want gigs.lots and lots of gigs.

"I REFUSE TO PAY FOR IT!"
is my new saying according to fizz.

you live up the road from the singer dont you morg?
you must be pretty cool so.

anyway, anyone who likes pop-rock but the nice kind like beach boys, check em out. also they want gigs.lots and lots of gigs.

Indeed i do, I describe them as Surf Rock with a little floyd/beefheart/coral thrown in for good measure. Bit of Man MAn too

Indeed i do, I describe them as Surf Rock with a little floyd/beefheart/coral thrown in for good measure. Bit of Man MAn too
well, one of their songs sounds a bit like Echoes' by pink floyd.
and they're a bit like The Coral without the Psychedelia / acid trip stuff.
and / or Zutons without the sexy sax (player).

don't know where the common ground with Beefheart and Man Man is though.

Do they sing this:

I was walking down the beach,
one fine day,
feeling a little (ah) randy.
Who should I see,
swimming iin the sea,
If it wasn't me old mate (ah) Gandhi,
Gandhi! Gandhi!
If it wasn't me old mate (ah) Gandhi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back