The Freebooters - Ordinary Level Oi! CD (3 Viewers)

another review here, from a german website, with the help of babelfish

The mood is not at all times as bad, but the singer looks really as ne mixture from carrot number and common Waldschrat. Me it is well-known that Oi! the origin after alone skinhead mood is and as a child I did not like quite the English Sitcom „Catweazle “, but does not go as hair-style dat here with the best will any longer through. In music clearly from Amiland affected, there are anti-fascist Oi! with appropriate texts. Even if the Mr. Freibeuter sing dat it the boys in the brown shirts like, then thereby the players of St are: Pauli meant and not any brown shitting ghosts from Nazi living. Texts go otherwise mostly somewhat beyond the usual plate. Oi! without text ambiguities (up to mentioned the before). - Basti In the tie-clip down the hair was apparent still off, is from 2007…

I dont think it gets better than this

another review

On the left-wing Oi front, the Freebooters have just released an infectious ska-tinged streetpunk album called ‘Ordinary Level Oi!’. The Paddy herberts are as anti-fascist as The Oppressed and funny with it. Check ’em out

it's ridiculous how many sites have our album up for download at this stage.

I think basically the scenario is alex flys to russia and some internet mogul collects him at the airport and gives him a big cheque for the royalties - then again .....................................

for any of the Russian sites you have to pay to download I think I only have to go to the Russian embassy or something there is something like that russian music websites can sell mp3s on the internet and are allowed to do so as commissions go to the government so if you want to get the money for them all you have to do is go to the embassy, I have spotted easpa measa, div ruin, paranoid visions. etc.. all on russian mp3 websites for sale. I think that is roughly how russian mp3 websites work

gotta love the picture thay have of the freebooters on this russian download site!

http://poiskm.ru/artist/798963-The-Freebooters

another review
http://www.oioimusic.dds.nl/oioimusic/reviews.html
Irish punks inspired by Oi!, street punk, ska-punk, English hardcorepunk from the early 80ies and alcohol. In itself this isn't an unpleasant CD, but the band has no constant level in their songs and varies good punk songs with dissapointing numbers. This band has potential, but can't make it up my expectations on this one.

good selection of irish diy stuff on those russian sites, maybe we should hire a double decker and ten bands or so head over for a tour - should be packed gigs

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back