The first CD I ever bought online (1 Viewer)

I think the first CD I bought on line was Bernard Herrmann's soundtrack to the day the earth stood still in 2000 or 01. I remember asking in Golden Discs (I should have known better) and getting strange looks. The did offer me the men in black soundtrack instead,....not really what I was after. Time to get a credit card and go on line.

I got my first credit card in 2001 because I found out it could be used to buy cds online. I bought Newfoundland by AMM, Withdrawe, This Sable Disclosure Ere Devot'd by Fushitsusha and some Sun Ra album from rermegacorp.com, I was so excited about it.

I think mine was a Marilyn Manson CD single in 1999 or so. Not as cool as @Shaney's.
You could probably have bought that in golden discs. Tower records did have fushitsusha albums at the time but I think they cost £36 of the old pounds on cd, or maybe even more. Average cd price in tower back then was about £20 if I recall correctly.

MI0003710665.jpg

The Best of Eddie Rabbite. He's a relative apparently. Wrote the theme song for every which way but loose.

You could probably have bought that in golden discs. Tower records did have fushitsusha albums at the time but I think they cost £36 of the old pounds on cd, or maybe even more. Average cd price in tower back then was about £20 if I recall correctly.

Yeah, I remember the Swans reissues being well north of 30 quid when they first came out. I ended up ordering them direct from Gira and they were half the price and he signed them all.

i have no idea

i remember around the late 90s there was a webstore that gave you a £10 voucher when you signed up so me and the brother signed up repeatedly with a load of different hotmail addresses and got lots of free cds before they got a bit more internet-savvy

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back