The Ex + Brass Unbound (sunday feb 7) (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter u:m
  • Start date
  • Replies 41
  • Views 6K
  • Watchers 2
This was awesome.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Awesome awesojme ('words just coming out wrong') awesome.

As unsettling as a transfer window as The Ex and Brass Unbound made bids for our brains and we're supposed to go back to work for the rest of the week....WTF

Made it to both Belfast and Button Factory. Mats had said after the Belfast show that it had been the best on the tour. Trust me, the Dublin show was Belfast multiplied by 10.

Holy Shit! If there is a better gig than this during 2010 then it's going to be a fantastic year. Every band in the world should play with Brass Unbound, not just the Ex!

I really enjoyed the gig as well, but I was vaguely disappointed. I guess I was hoping for more than "The Ex with a brass section". Something that combined the two groups to give something that didn't sound almost identical to the stuff that The Ex do on their own. Something a bit more (as a friend brilliantly put it after the gig) obtuse.

But that's just splitting hairs; I had a great time. Zun Zun Egui were pretty great as well -- Highlife gone Prog? Fela meets Gentle Giant? Neat stuff.

I really enjoyed the gig as well, but I was vaguely disappointed. I guess I was hoping for more than "The Ex with a brass section". Something that combined the two groups to give something that didn't sound almost identical to the stuff that The Ex do on their own. Something a bit more (as a friend brilliantly put it after the gig) obtuse.
In fairness to them they only rehearsed together for two days before heading on tour so Brass Unbound were always gonna be complementing The Ex's sound rather than creating something new from scratch.

In fairness to them they only rehearsed together for two days before heading on tour so Brass Unbound were always gonna be complementing The Ex's sound rather than creating something new from scratch.

Yep, plus the gig was billed as The Ex + Brass Unbound, which is exactly what we got. Not a single quibble from me, thoroughly, thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks Timo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back