The end of Sonic Youth? (1 Viewer)

They seem like a band that would be able to continue on, will probably depend on how their gigs in South America go cause they didn't cancel them

Never saw this footage before, i like it. The whole show seems to be up

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sonic Youth don't really have much left to do... they've been trading off tepid to weak albums for some time now. In this situation, a band can go on forever if the live show is still cutting it and I've no doubt they still spin SY magic when they can be bothered... this wasn't the case the last time they played in Dublin. These bands were never meant to go on forever... or even this long...

Sonic Youth don't really have much left to do... they've been trading off tepid to weak albums for some time now. In this situation, a band can go on forever if the live show is still cutting it and I've no doubt they still spin SY magic when they can be bothered... this wasn't the case the last time they played in Dublin. These bands were never meant to go on forever... or even this long...

the eternal was the first weak album they'd released in over a decade.

Rather Ripped was terrible and Nurse wasnt up to much either. Theyve had bad albums before those though so they could come up with a good one again. I'd probably still go see them as theyre fun live, i enjoyed the vicar st gig despite the mediocre songs. Thurston said something recently about them getting a bit too comfortable lately, or something like that.

Absolute bollox.

Absolute bollox.

I say not bollox. Spot on in fact. I don't think any of their recent records are bad, or that they have destroyed their legacy, but I don't see any of them adding in any way to what they have already done. New Sonic Youth albums are not unwelcome to me but I don't look forward to them with any excitement. I'm glad they have not embarrassed themselves by releasing shite in the later stages of their career and I will be sad if I never get to see them live again, but if they do decide to pack it in (I can't really see it being otherwise) I think they will be doing the right thing.

Apologies for boring you Ian. Maybe you could go and read a book or something?

I say not bollox. Spot on in fact. I don't think any of their recent records are bad, or that they have destroyed their legacy, but I don't see any of them adding in any way to what they have already done. New Sonic Youth albums are not unwelcome to me but I don't look forward to them with any excitement. I'm glad they have not embarrassed themselves by releasing shite in the later stages of their career and I will be sad if I never get to see them live again, but if they do decide to pack it in (I can't really see it being otherwise) I think they will be doing the right thing.

This man has saved me the job of summing up my feelings on the matter.

I find the subject boring... you guys though, you guys are all right

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Rather Ripped was terrible and Nurse wasnt up to much either. Theyve had bad albums before those though so they could come up with a good one again. I'd probably still go see them as theyre fun live, i enjoyed the vicar st gig despite the mediocre songs. Thurston said something recently about them getting a bit too comfortable lately, or something like that.

Agree on Rather Ripped but not Nurse - love that record

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back