The end of Sonic Youth? (2 Viewers)

Murray Street and Sonic Nurse are phenomenal, up there with their best. Rather Ripped was fun but not one to return to too much. The Eternal was sort of more of the same, but never latched on to it.

no, i haven't heard them. i stopped buying their 'studio' albums a good while ago*, in part due to her trying to sing songs. the lyrics became harder to avoid too.

*last 'studio' album i bought was actually experimental jetset

Curiously enough I see jet set as the last in a run of dud albums (goo, dirty, jet set). They got good again then up to and including murray st (IMO) and have been on another bit of a dud run since.

Lets face it, their "dud run" is better than most bands entire output.

They have an extensive & varied back catalogue & we're lucky to have it.

Long live Sonic Youth.

Lets face it, their "dud run" is better than most bands entire output.

They have an extensive & varied back catalogue & we're lucky to have it.

Long live Sonic Youth.

AMEN BROTHER

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

cool video of their gig in brazil last week, POSSIBLY THEIR LAST EVER

steve shelley is quite dreamy looking, isnt he. I got worried about kim tottering along the edge of the stage in her heels after spinning around in circles during drunken butterfly

Is anyone going to have the balls to roar up at Thurston in the button factory next month and ask him what the shtary is?

cool video of their gig in brazil last week, POSSIBLY THEIR LAST EVER

steve shelley is quite dreamy looking, isnt he. I got worried about kim tottering along the edge of the stage in her heels after spinning around in circles during drunken butterfly

I always forget about the fifth guy

Kim's new band Body/Head have a 12" ep thing out, it's really good. Improvised electric guitar noise stuff with singing but it's dreamy and mellow rather than harsh or abrasive, beautiful even, haunting etc. Probably the best solo sonic youth member release ever, or at least since SYR5.

There's also a new LP by Body/Gate/Head which is Body/Head with Gate (michael morley from the dead c). I've only listened once to that one, my initial reaction was that it was good but less interesting. michael morley's guitar sound is kinda overwhelming, the one without him is a little looser and untethered. The last Gate album (Damned Revolutions) is fantastic too....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back