the death of bunny munro (1 Viewer)

Like Chris Rock?

CD-BillCosbyInsideMind.jpg

http://www.aikenpromotions.com/content/view/432/105/

An Evening of Reading, Music & Conversation with...
NICK CAVE
Live at Vicar Street - Monday 12th Oct 2009
Tickets go on sale this Thurs 10th Sept at 9am
A special evening of Reading, Music & Conversation with Nick Cave Live at Vicar St on Monday 12th Oct ‘09
Nick Cave has announced a series of events throughout Europe to coincide with the publication of his new novel The Death of Bunny Munro. Taking place in intimate theatre settings these unique shows will be a mix of readings and live music, with Cave joined by Warren Ellis and Martyn Casey.

Cave will read selected extracts from his new novel accompanied by live music from Ellis and Casey. The trio will also play a selection of songs from Cave’s extensive catalogue and fans will be given a rare opportunity to interact with the shows, as Cave takes questions from the audience. These shows will be nothing like a traditional concert.

"It will be informal, intimate and strange” says Nick Cave.

The score for the novel was composed by Nick Cave & Warren Ellis and features on The Death of Bunny Munro audiobook, which is available now to download from Audible/iTunes and will be released as a deluxe 7 CD and bonus DVD package on 8th October. The audiobook was produced and directed by British artists Iain Forsyth & Jane Pollard, who have also created the lighting and visuals for these very special live performances.

The 7 CD audiobook edition is priced £30, and will be released on the 8th October. The audiobook is available now to download through audible.co.uk and iTunes for £14.95. More info: www.thedeathofbunnymunro.com/audiobook.html

I thought Ass... was a really good book , well written, but literary , not necessarily an easy read .I can understand why it wouldn't be everyones cup of tea but , in my opinion , when critiqued with the same criteria applied to other novels in the same genre - it more than holds its own.
Expecting a "Nick Cave,the musician" experience, just because it was written by Nick Cave, will possibly leave you disappointed . (Not that it doesn't contain imagery and ideas from the Cave (the lyricist) quiver , on the contrary , it is loaded with Old Testament ideas and dark happenings .)

I haven't read Bunny yet , but from the snippets I've heard from the Bunny Munro podcasts , read by Cave ,I think it sounds like something I would like to read .

For those who are interested in the collaborations between John Hillcoat and Nick Cave , I read today that Hillcoat plans to make a movie of Bunny Munro .

Speaking of Nick cave

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

For those who are interested in the collaborations between John Hillcoat and Nick Cave , I read today that Hillcoat plans to make a movie of Bunny Munro .

Actually, I don't think so. He (Cave) said in that interview the other day that he originally wrote Bunny Munro as a screenplay intended for Hillcoat to direct. The project never got the funding to proceed and it was shelved, so he turned it into a novel instead.

When I first saw that he was doing a novel reading in Vicar Street I groaned loudly but .... it's got Ellis and Casey doing music. They are doing songs as well. My favourite Nick Cave show of recent years was the stripped down Bad Seeds in Vicar Street .... way better than a real N & Bad Seeds show .. so it might actually be all right ...

Actually, I don't think so. He (Cave) said in that interview the other day that he originally wrote Bunny Munro as a screenplay intended for Hillcoat to direct. The project never got the funding to proceed and it was shelved, so he turned it into a novel instead.

When I first saw that he was doing a novel reading in Vicar Street I groaned loudly but .... it's got Ellis and Casey doing music. They are doing songs as well. My favourite Nick Cave show of recent years was the stripped down Bad Seeds in Vicar Street .... way better than a real N & Bad Seeds show .. so it might actually be all right ...

Sounds like it's more musical interludes to flesh out what's essentially a book tour reading.

How much are the tickets?

There seems to be some possibility that the film may still get made now that The Road is finished , at least that's what Variety alludes to .I read that the original title was Death of a Ladies Man and was /is? set to star Ray Winstone .

who knows.

Oh yeah .. he said the Bunny Munro character was kind-of inspired by Ray Winstone ...

Yeah, I'm not paying 38 quid for someone to plug their novel to me. Screw that.

Yeah, I'm not paying 38 quid for someone to plug their novel to me. Screw that.

Similarly extortionate ticket prices over here in London. I've lined Nick's pockets enough over the last 20 years, I ain't going. But hoping somebody gets me a copy for my birthday ;)

i remember around the time of 'no more shall we part' they played the olympia and tickets were over £50 and people were going nuts. i was at the stipped back bad seeds/solo show in vicar street and it was amazing, but as i recall it was over €60. ye pay for nick but it generally worth it. that said, that fucking joke of a gig in dublin castle a few years ago was the biggest waste of time and money i've ever experienced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back